I was using my cellphone while eating a double steakburger at a Freddy's, when I posted that.  I discovered that I hadn't signed in.  It was so upsetting that I had to get a hot fudge sundae to console myself.

I feel your pain......I better go get one of their Hawaiian Delight sundaes 

The educational system in the greater Boston area is supposed to be one of the finest in our nation, far superior to, what experts say, exists in the midwest and south. I am here to say, without a doubt, this is totally untrue. Going by the idea that people are born equal in all parts of the country, it would seem the failings of society largely fall upon education, and the mores of the family. 

Boston is a nice place. I have enjoyed visiting on numerous occasions. I eat their food, drink their beverages, and stay in their hotels. The sights and sounds of the place are fascinating. If you have not gone, you really should go. I like the people as well. They are charming, if not a little dull. Their intellect seems to range from barely above average to much, much lower. On top of that, they seem not to have good manners. In my part of the country, we know how to solve this problem. Early in the morning, we take non-suspecting idiots on an adventure we call the "Snipe hunt". It is a one way visit to the woods for our unenlightened acquaintances. They never find the mysterious snipe, and they never seem to find their way home. 

May the best team win, and by that I mean the Chiefs. 

Boston fans, your short bus went that a way. 

J J Watt is the "best" defensive player in the universe. Fisher put a dress on him, and made him cry like a baby. 

1. J J Watt is good, but he may not be as good as reported. 

2. Andy Reid did a good job taking the game away from Watt.

3. Eric Fisher is grown up. 

What a load of shit, e. I expect better from you. JJ Watt is the best defensive player in the NFL. He had a groin issue going into that game that he shouldn't have been playing on, but he tried. Unfortunately for him it didn't work out too well. Let's not act like Reid nor Fisher "took anything away" from JJ Watt. Watt was extremely disruptive against KC the first time around and he would have been a problem once again had he been healthy, unless you think 9 tackles and 2 sacks isn't disruptive. You're talking about a guy that has topped 17 sacks 3 times in 5 years. The Chiefs were extremely fortunate to have Watt hobbled in that game.

The only thing I agree with is that Eric Fisher is growing up. He still needs work on his strength, but he's coming along well.

What a load of shit, e. I expect better from you. JJ Watt is the best defensive player in the NFL. He had a groin issue going into that game that he shouldn't have been playing on, but he tried. Unfortunately for him it didn't work out too well. Let's not act like Reid nor Fisher "took anything away" from JJ Watt. Watt was extremely disruptive against KC the first time around and he would have been a problem once again had he been healthy, unless you think 9 tackles and 2 sacks isn't disruptive. You're talking about a guy that has topped 17 sacks 3 times in 5 years. The Chiefs were extremely fortunate to have Watt hobbled in that game.

The only thing I agree with is that Eric Fisher is growing up. He still needs work on his strength, but he's coming along well.

No one is as good as the level of hype that has been extolled upon Watt. I wanted the Chiefs to draft Watt, in 2011. I thought the Chiefs should have traded up, and done whatever they could to go get him. Instead of moving up ten spots, they moved back, and got Jonathan Baldwin at 26. Now, I thought there was a chance Watt would have gone 15 at the time, but I was definitely impressed with him, and still am. 

All I am saying is his hype exceeds his actual production. In that defense, Watt is apt to do well, and he does. Houston is every bit as good of a OLB in the 3-4 as J J watt is as a RDE in the 4-3. I put them on equal status. 

No one is as good as the level of hype that has been extolled upon Watt. I wanted the Chiefs to draft Watt, in 2011. I thought the Chiefs should have traded up, and done whatever they could to go get him. Instead of moving up ten spots, they moved back, and got Jonathan Baldwin at 26. Now, I thought there was a chance Watt would have gone 15 at the time, but I was definitely impressed with him, and still am. 

All I am saying is his hype exceeds his actual production. In that defense, Watt is apt to do well, and he does. Houston is every bit as good of a OLB in the 3-4 as J J watt is as a RDE in the 4-3. I put them on equal status

Doesn't Watt play on the inside also? I know he's a DE, but I  thought that's what made him so impressive is he could get pressure from anywhere. Houston mainly plays on the left side. Both are good against the run. 

What's interesting is, Watt has 18 more career sacks than Houston, but I wonder how close it would be if houston hadn't got injured this season or in 2013.

Doesn't Watt play on the inside also? I know he's a DE, but I thought that's what made him so impressive is he could get pressure from anywhere. Houston mainly plays on the left side. Both are good against the run.

What's interesting is, Watt has 18 more career sacks than Houston, but I wonder how close it would be if houston hadn't got injured this season or in 2013.

Houston moves around plenty. He is also a great cover lb and tremendous against the run. When healthy, I don't think the seperation between the two is much.

Watt plays the inside, outside, te, fullback, wildcat, and qb.

The only player I can recall being more productive than JJ Watt in his first 5 years in the NFL was Reggie White. I'm not taking anything away from Houston, as he fits equally in with all-time greats like LT, DT, and so forth, but if I had to pick a player its Watt. The Texans didn't always run a 4-3 with Watt at DE either, they primarily ran a 3-4 under Wade Phillips and under Crennel until this year as they evolved more into a 4-3.

Archived