Unreal injuries

So with DAT and Maclin gone, who's #3 and #4?

Hammond and avant

We'll see more d Harris and maybe activate Fred Williams

Well it certainly would help if I answered the question that was actually asked as opposed to the question I thought I saw.

I'd have to say that Calichief's insights on this are pretty good. I want to see more Avant, then Harris, then Hammond. I feel like Williams' value would have been greater if the Chiefs were missing Wilson rather than Maclin: You can only have so many receivers not fluent in West Coast Offense concepts before the offense itself begins to break down. It works well only when players are where they are supposed to be relative to the defense. If they end up elsewhere, not only are they not open, but they don't open windows for the other receivers either before or after the catch.

Well it certainly would help if I answered the question that was actually asked as opposed to the question I thought I saw.

I'd have to say that Calichief's insights on this are pretty good. I want to see more Avant, then Harris, then Hammond. I feel like Williams' value would have been greater if the Chiefs were missing Wilson rather than Maclin: You can only have so many receivers not fluent in West Coast Offense concepts before the offense itself begins to break down. It works well only when players are where they are supposed to be relative to the defense. If they end up elsewhere, not only are they not open, but they don't open windows for the other receivers either before or after the catch.

Wilson is getting better though. If he laid out for the pass he may have had it.

I think he will blossom.

Connelly has all the skills.. We'll see

Avant has the hands but I'm just not sure he can get open.

Please God, no Hammond..

Its not just losing Maclin. It seems like every fucking year the Chiefs lose a couple of major pieces to IR. Add in the fact that the Chiefs constantly have guys out, especially with concussions, and I wonder just WTF the Chiefs' training and equipment staffs are doing.

Meh. Every team is having these issues.

It's worth noting that when the Chiefs beat the Patriots 41-14 in 2014, Alex Smith was sacked only twice, and completed three touchdown passes. Two were to Jamaal Charles (who also rushed for a touchdown), and one was to Travis Kelce. Dwayne Bowe was good for 81 yards on 5 receptions, but of course didn't find the endzone.

Belicheck will most likely game plan to take away Kelce and the runningbacks, forcing the young wideouts to win their individual battles with the New England secondary. The Patriots' pass rush has been better this season than it was in 2014.

This is a winnable game for these Chiefs, but I doubt that the Chiefs' offense is going to be scoring 34 points. The Chiefs might win if they can score 16 in the first half.

Archived