Maclin Update No ACL Tear

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't expect him this week, but at the least, if he protects it, it won't boil over into next season. It'll be interesting to see how hard he will push it if we get to the SB. You don't want to mortgage your future, but the SB is the freaking goal this year or next. Who cares if you're out next year if you could help us win this year? I don't know, let's just hope we win this week and it's at least questionable for the AFCC game and then we'd have two weeks before the SB.

I know, IF, IF, IF, but we are talking hypotheticals.

I'm a little more optimistic about Conley coming in for Maclin after seeing his stats the last game Maclin was out with an injury against Pittsburgh. 6 for 63 and a td with a 10.5 avg. Not awesome stats or anything but not too bad either.

This is CTO, Stubby. San Diego isn't on our schedule and is not worthy to be discussed here. Take whatever squabble you two have to TLR.

Division rivals dude.  After seeing Maclin's injury, NOT being a torn ACL is a big win for the Chiefs and him, even if he doesn't play for the rest of the playoffs.  That would have meant he missed camps and at least preseason. 

Guest 303Chiefs

What moves do you anticipate the Chargers will make this offseason? Do you guys stick with Mike McCoy? Is Gates retiring? Are you guys relocating to LA?

To a new city...

Maclin can't effectively play with a high-ankle sprain. The West Coast Offense is predicated on, among other things, downfield blocking. Without the ability to do more than run go-routes, his diminished skill set would potentially take away from the Chiefs' offensive versatility. He's not big enough to manage a game without the ability to separate from defenders.

Depending on the severity of the sprain, he'll be listed as questionable, and will likely be active but not the starter on Saturday.

I'd favor resting him until the game in Denver. That's the game the Chiefs would really struggle in without Maclin available to take away their top cornerback. He won't be healed, but he may be far enough ahead of 50% that he could be worth something.

Maclin can't effectively play with a high-ankle sprain. The West Coast Offense is predicated on, among other things, downfield blocking. Without the ability to do more than run go-routes, his diminished skill set would potentially take away from the Chiefs' offensive versatility. He's not big enough to manage a game without the ability to separate from defenders.

Depending on the severity of the sprain, he'll be listed as questionable, and will likely be active but not the starter on Saturday.

I'd favor resting him until the game in Denver. That's the game the Chiefs would really struggle in without Maclin available to take away their top cornerback. He won't be healed, but he may be far enough ahead of 50% that he could be worth something.

Already looking ahead to the Denver game I see. . . I like it.

I guess that means the most likely return time would be the SB if we can get there. But we have as much chance that he's healthy enough before that game (6 + 9 + 12 = 27) than that game (27%) itself (of course, one of those weeks would be the week before the SB where no playoff team plays).

Already looking ahead to the Denver game I see. . . I like it.

Not really, but there comes a point where your best player at 'x' position when injured is not going to be as effective or contribute to the production of the whole as effectively as your next best three players that are healthy. High-ankle sprains are serious enough that players don't return a week later and contribute. Therefore, if the Chiefs can't win in New England without Jeremy Maclin, they're certainly not going to win in New England with him.

My hope is that between Smith being level headed, the offensive line having one of their best games of the year, and the defense not giving up big points early, Albert Wilson, Chris Conley, and Travis Kelce will get loose often enough to help the Chiefs win with 23 points.

Archived