Maclin Update No ACL Tear

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won't know for sure until the game happens. A high ankle sprain is serious, but it depends upon the degree of the sprain. He may have twisted his ankle, and bruised his knee. The knee may not be damaged, but hurt. The ankle could be a minor injury. We just don't know if its gamesmanship or something else. 

You can play with a high ankle sprain if it is not severe. 

The ankle sprain was so high it was his knee.

This cracked me up. I could hear the conversation:

Trainer: Where does it hurt?

Maclin: Knee

Trainer: Here? (Feeling knee)

Maclin: No. Lower

Trainer: Here?

Maclin: Lower

Trainer: That's your ankle.

This cracked me up. I could hear the conversation:

Trainer: Where does it hurt?

Maclin: Knee

Trainer: Here? (Feeling knee)

Maclin: No. Lower

Trainer: That's your ankle.

After having that knee destroyed, he probably feared the worst. He was sure shaken up.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid calls Jeremy Maclin's high-ankle sprain "mild," and believes he could practice later in the week.

If Maclin's sprain is "mild" perhaps it's not a high sprain at all, but either way, he's suddenly trending in the right direction for Saturday's game against the Patriots. Even if Maclin is only available as a decoy, it would be a huge boost to the Chiefs' odds of springing a road upset.

Maclin was spotted sporting white socks with no ankle braces or tape. He was walking in the locker room with no limp. 

The Chiefs aren't going to practice guys who are getting over injuries. They don't need the practice anyway.

Among those not practicing

Jeremy Maclin, sore ankle, mild sprain - will be 1 week

Tamba Hali, nursing a sore knee, and broken thumb - almost 4 weeks since the injury.

Justin Houston, hyperextended knee -  it will be almost 7 weeks since the injury. 

LDT, concussion protocol - will be 1 weeks

Spencer Ware, mild ankle sprain - will be 1 week

Mitch Morse, concussion protocol - will be almost 2 weeks

Maclin and Ware have been walking around the locker room. Reports are they are not seriously hurt and not limping. 

What I think is the Chiefs are being conservative. They know their players need the rest more than they need practice. So, they are allowing their players to take it easy in preparation of their game with New England. 

Like Maclin, Herbie Teope is reporting Ware is walking without braces, and appears to be just fine

Herbie Teope Retweeted Dale Kinser

Spencer Ware is dealing with an ankle sprain. He's been in the locker room past two days, appears to move well.

I don't know who Herbie Teope is, but he needs to shut the fuck up. These players are "injured" for a reason Herbie. Mind-Fuck Belicheat.

Herbie worked for the KC Star, and still does on special assignments. He works for the Topeka Capital Journal It is his job to be a reporter. He is a Chiefs beat writer. Teope also writes for Chiefs' Digest. He was former military. He has written articles for Pro Football Weekly, The Associated Press, ESPN, USA Today, Washington Times, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, and the Sun Herald. He won a regional emmy in 2009. He graduated from Kansas State in Journalism and Mass Communications. Here is his Twitter page https://twitter.com/herbieteope

He has always been responsive to my questions Teope is from Virginia Beach, VA. He's a great guy as far as I can tell. 

His bio http://www.chiefsdigest.com/herbie-teope/

Herbie worked for the KC Star, and still does on special assignments. He works for the Topeka Capital Journal It is his job to be a reporter. He is a Chiefs beat writer. Teope also writes for Chiefs' Digest. He was former military. He has written articles for Pro Football Weekly, The Associated Press, ESPN, USA Today, Washington Times, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, and the Sun Herald. He won a regional emmy in 2009. He graduated from Kansas State in Journalism and Mass Communications. Here is his Twitter page https://twitter.com/herbieteope

He has always been responsive to my questions Teope is from Virginia Beach, VA. He's a great guy as far as I can tell.

His bio http://www.chiefsdigest.com/herbie-teope/

What are you, his fucking publicist?

Herbie worked for the KC Star, and still does on special assignments. He works for the Topeka Capital Journal It is his job to be a reporter. He is a Chiefs beat writer. Teope also writes for Chiefs' Digest. He was former military. He has written articles for Pro Football Weekly, The Associated Press, ESPN, USA Today, Washington Times, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, and the Sun Herald. He won a regional emmy in 2009. He graduated from Kansas State in Journalism and Mass Communications. Here is his Twitter page https://twitter.com/herbieteope

His bio http://www.chiefsdigest.com/herbie-teope/

I'm sure he's no doubt an outstanding guy, and I realize he's just trying to get fans information. This is information that fans really don't need at a time when NFL teams are playing cat and mouse about who's going to be available and healthy for a playoff game. He needs to be quiet about injuries during the week. Make the Pats prep for every contingency.

I'm sure he's no doubt an outstanding guy, and I realize he's just trying to get fans information. This is information that fans really don't need at a time when NFL teams are playing cat and mouse about who's going to be available and healthy for a playoff game. He needs to be quiet about injuries during the week. Make the Pats prep for every contingency.

yep

Absolutely! I was going to say something along lines of this but I thought that somebody was going to tell me how naïve I was to think that this information wouldn't get out some other way. I still say that if the information could potentially hurt your team, you don't report it. Someone else does, good for them. I understand this is not how it works because he needs to report for his business, but I'm thinking about the team.

Absolutely! I was going to say something along lines of this but I thought that somebody was going to tell me how naïve I was to think that this information wouldn't get out some other way. I still say that if the information could potentially hurt your team, you don't report it. Someone else does, good for them. I understand this is not how it works because he needs to report for his business, but I'm thinking about the team.

That's pretty naive.

Reporters are journalists. Sure some root for the home team, but to them it is a job, and professionalism requires them to scoop stories, and be honest with the details. Most of our reporters are from other parts of the country, and many are not actually fans of the team.

Terez Paylor is from Detroit

Vahe Gregorian recently moved from Saint Louis, but moved around as a kid. (If I am not mistaken, he lived in California, Pennsylvania, Texas, and New York). 

The biggest homer we had was probably Jason Whitlock. His mother moved to OP, and he was a huge KC Chiefs fan, even though he grew up in Indianapolis. 

They chose a profession, and there is a code of ethics to follow. 

Besides, does it give Belichick more or less to prepare for if he is uncertain whether Maclin will play? The Chiefs will concentrate on what they can control. Down the line, 75 % of the players on the Chiefs are better than the Pats. The difference is the other 25% on the Pats may contribute more to a win, and despite their pedestrian line up, Belichick has his defense playing at a high level due to the system they play in, and the way the way they perform. 

Archived