Weather for Saturday's game

Nice breakdown Viggen. Most Patriots fans I have met don't have the ability to communicate that you have demonstrated. It gets a bit tiresome on Twitter, and I end up blocking them. So, bravo for coming in here, being sensible, and bringing some value.

By the way, are you a Saab aficionado, or do you not eat meat, and the resulting lack of protein has affected your ability to spell? My guess is the first, right or wrong?

Saab_37_Viggen_flygvapenmus%C3%A8um.JPG

Neither. I'm a vegeterian but my meat eating friend thought Vegan= Vegetarian and used to call me Viggen. I also love old SAABs. So stuck with than name ! you really think not eating animal protein causes dyslexia? Some theory!

All fanbases have rabid, id10t1c bunches. Most talk and act uncivil online and exhibit bravado for lack of ability in arguing a point intelligently. 

One other facet of this game that could be crucial given the rain forecast. Special Teams!

Patriots usually are good but his year have given lot of yards in Pun/Kick returns. Melted down against the Eagles. KC has a huge edge there.

One, lack of proper protein does affect memory, and intellectual ability. It isn't a theory as much as a fact. You can get enough by eating a strict vegetarian diet, but it is extremely difficult, especially if you don't include milk products.

Two, the latest weather forecast is for the rain to hit earlier, and be out of there two hours before the game.  http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/foxboro-ma/02035/hourly-weather-forecast/2251291?hour=61

The new forecast is for rain up until early afternoon, and chances of rain until 4 PM. Game time, it should be essentially dry, with winds coming out of the west, south west, gusts ranging from 10 to 13 mph. The temperature is supposed to be around 40 degrees at  kickoff, and drop down to 35 degrees by the end of the game.

In short, if the Patriots hope for weather to be a factor, God may not be on their side. 

One other facet of this game that could be crucial given the rain forecast. Special Teams!

Patriots usually are good but his year have given lot of yards in Pun/Kick returns. Melted down against the Eagles. KC has a huge edge there.

Except for punt returns.  Hammond = Not good...

One, lack of proper protein does affect memory, and intellectual ability. It isn't a theory as much as a fact. You can get enough by eating a strict vegetarian diet, but it is extremely difficult, especially if you don't include milk products.

Two, the latest weather forecast is for the rain to hit earlier, and be out of there two hours before the game. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/foxboro-ma/02035/hourly-weather-forecast/2251291?hour=61

The new forecast is for rain up until early afternoon, and chances of rain until 4 PM. Game time, it should be essentially dry, with winds coming out of the west, south west, gusts ranging from 10 to 13 mph. The temperature is supposed to be around 40 degrees at kickoff, and drop down to 35 degrees by the end of the game.

In short, if the Patriots hope for weather to be a factor, God may not be on their side.

I thought it was Chiefs fans who wanted the weather to be a factor? Of course, that would only be if we ran the ball at the right time and enough. Also some noted that receivers have an advantage in the rain as long as they can catch the ball because they know where they're going and the defence has to adjust and react.

I want a clear day with no wind. I don't want weather, injuries, or anything to be a factor. I want the Chiefs to beat down the Patriots, and do it decisively on the big stage. It would not hurt if Alex connected on a 40 yard pass to Wilson that went for six. 

More than anything else, I want a win. 

Pats fan here. was searching the web for Gronk's knee and what his availability is when I saw this site!

Someone mentioned here about the Pats past, history etc. None of them matters this game. Whoever plays mistake free will win. Both teams have strengths in areas where the other has slight weakness. I think NE has edge in WR. KC has in RB. KC has strength in DL. NE weakness is OL. NE has advantage is QB. To sum it, don't know who will win!

NE OL vs KC DL is the key I think. If you look at games that Brady has lost in playoffs, it was when he was harassed by the steady pass rush. He doesn't have any viable long ball threat to negate pass rush since Randy Moss! Pats D is decent but the sum of parts makes them compete. Pats have second most sacks this year in NFL. KC has more playmakers no doubt on D. Will be a good game and a close game. May the better team win!

Don't mind eraser. He is the Dwight Schrute of the Coalition. We are all forced to put up with him, so you have to, also.

Welcome to the board.., I appreciate your insights..,

Agree that we have a special teams advantage and with a muddy field we should control the line on both sides.., Everybody talks about stopping Kelse, but to stop the Chiefs you need to stop the run.., KC is a run first team and has been all year.., They'll be making a mistake if they start chasing Kelse all over the field in my opinion.., I kind of hope they do..,

I agree with SEMO that Edelman is who we need to shadow.., If I sound like a Homer its because I am..,

This game comes down to two words:

Julian Edelman

KC's ability, or not, to keep him in check, decides the game.

I just hope that we defend him on third downs better than we ignored a few teams' third down go-to guys. At least look like we scouted them and dos film review. Look at what is likely, not giving everyone attention. While you don't want to commit to much, you need to commit.

Pats fan here. was searching the web for Gronk's knee and what his availability is when I saw this site!

Someone mentioned here about the Pats past, history etc. None of them matters this game. Whoever plays mistake free will win. Both teams have strengths in areas where the other has slight weakness. I think NE has edge in WR. KC has in RB. KC has strength in DL. NE weakness is OL. NE has advantage is QB. To sum it, don't know who will win!

NE OL vs KC DL is the key I think. If you look at games that Brady has lost in playoffs, it was when he was harassed by the steady pass rush. He doesn't have any viable long ball threat to negate pass rush since Randy Moss! Pats D is decent but the sum of parts makes them compete. Pats have second most sacks this year in NFL. KC has more playmakers no doubt on D. Will be a good game and a close game. May the better team win!

Nice post. Thanks for coming in respectful.

The Pats season ends Saturday. Thanks for visiting.

Thanks for stopping in.  I like your takes.  I would say KC is solid kicking the ball and pretty weak returning it.  It you watched last week, you saw our season highlight for returns.  I think the weather helps us a little, but not much.  I think it will be a game right to the end.  As the playoffs should be.  Enjoy the game.

Agree that we have a special teams advantage and with a muddy field we should control the line on both sides.., Everybody talks about stopping Kelse, but to stop the Chiefs you need to stop the run.., KC is a run first team and has been all year.., They'll be making a mistake if they start chasing Kelse all over the field in my opinion.., I kind of hope they do..,

I agree with SEMO that Edelman is who we need to shadow.., If I sound like a Homer its because I am..,

Absolutely.  One thing is certain.  Brady can thread that ball into any tiny crack to hit Edelman.  Brady is the best in the business.  A little wind would help LOL.

Ha ha! I think you should stick to football. Don't want to say anything more and throw your brain into knots!

Thanks Maui.

Brady lives off short quick throws that negates the pass rush. He also leads the league year after year in releasing the ball in two seconds. It when his OL allows him not even 1.5 seconds he struggles. So Edelman, Amendola and James White go hand in hand for quick dump offs. All three are quick. Then you have Gronk. So covering just Edelman will not work. Even against a quick Seattle LOB he moved like pac-man (Game) to create quick spaces.

One way is for KC to run the ball and milk the clock and leave less time for NE to score points. If KC can slow this game down by using Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware a lot and keep it close, then they can win. I don't know if Alex Smith is going to win a shootout with TB. Makes for a very interesting game.

Ha ha! I think you should stick to football. Don't want to say anything more and throw your brain into knots!

You are both right.  It is very difficult without the knowledge of what foods in combination provide all the amino acids needed to make all the proteins.  If you have that knowledge, it is fine.  If not, you are screwed.  Another problem is that a vegan HAS to eat all the things needed to get all the amino acids, whether they like them or not.  Sometimes it is better to live a little shorter, if you don't have to think about what you eat so much.  You can eat what you enjoy. For a vegan, life is more enjoyable and happy by having knowledge that they are not eating a sentient being that may have suffered.  It is the life length/enjoyment equation that is equal in both. It is unnecessary to pass judgments. Just my thoughts.

Thanks Maui.

Brady lives off short quick throws that negates the pass rush. He also leads the league year after year in releasing the ball in two seconds. It when his OL allows him not even 1.5 seconds he struggles. So Edelman, Amendola and James White go hand in hand for quick dump offs. All three are quick. Then you have Gronk. So covering just Edelman will not work. Even against a quick Seattle LOB he moved like pac-man (Game) to create quick spaces.

One way is for KC to run the ball and milk the clock and leave less time for NE to score points. If KC can slow this game down by using Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware a lot and keep it close, then they can win. I don't know if Alex Smith is going to win a shootout with TB. Makes for a very interesting game.

That's it.  Control the clock.  Brady is Alex Smith on hyperdrive.  Brady is a little bit more accurate.  Smith is a little bit smarter.  But its close.  Again, defense and turnovers and ST's will win the day...Oh!  and coaching strategy.

You are both right.  It is very difficult without the knowledge of what foods in combination provide all the amino acids needed to make all the proteins.  If you have that knowledge, it is fine.  If not, you are screwed.  Another problem is that a vegan HAS to eat all the things needed to get all the amino acids, whether they like them or not.  Sometimes it is better to live a little shorter, if you don't have to think about what you eat so much.  You can eat what you enjoy. For a vegan, life is more enjoyable and happy by having knowledge that they are not eating a sentient being that may have suffered.  It is the life length/enjoyment equation that is equal in both. It is unnecessary to pass judgments. Just my thoughts.

Well put doc. I have no disrespect for those who choose not to eat meat. I have tried to cut down my intake, but it is hard to do. 

Food is here to eat, and enjoy. As long as we do not abuse it, we should live reasonably long lives without much sickness. However, life on earth is not eternal, and we all must succumb to the maker. Even the strong become weak. Those who do everything imaginable to sustain a healthy life, will die. Even so, it is wise to do what you can to keep healthy as long as you can.

Carbohydrates are important as well. Bil and I have had this discussion over the years. A lot of meat only people can get by, but they all suffer because we need a balanced diet. Not enough carbs, and the brain cannot fully function.

Good luck to New Englanders. I hope you don't get buried in snow, and enjoy the winter, knowing your loss was to the eventual Super Bowl champion.

Cheers.  

Archived