What is going to happen Saturday?

I do not claim to be a pro football expert.  I am not an NFL coach.  I have played a lot of football but that does not qualify me to speculate on what will happen on Saturday.  I am a "talented" amateur.  Actually you could probably omit the word "talented".

Having given my exculpatory statement,  here is what I think.......

Bill Belichek is notorious for taking away an opposing teams best scoring threat.  He has shown that he has a formula that has brought New England tons of success.   It is fair to assume that he will try to do this against Kansas City on Saturday.

With Maclin out,  and even if he is playing on a high ankle sprain my guess is that his effectiveness would be severely limited,  the Chiefs second most talented offensive threat is Travis Kelce.   Kelce had a good game last Saturday against an inferior team and Pederson was able to provide him a number of one on one matchups against Houston's slower linebackers.   I have to assume that Belicheck will doubleteam Kelce.   A doubleteam on a tight end does limit effectiveness.  That should leave Wilson and Conley open for one on one coverage.   Both have a ton of speed.   But that's about all they have shown.  Wilson has been working his way into more pass receptions in recent games.   But,  like last week when he didn't stretch out for the long post,  I think he is at best an average wideout.   He is small  and I do not think he has had more than 5 receptions in any game he has played in.   Conley scored his first touchdown last week.   While he is bigger than Wilson,  he is not a good route runner and I think he has had only a very few receptions.   This is to say that behind Maclin,  our wide receivers aren't much. So who picks up the slack?   I think it is a combination of Spencer Ware and Alex Smith on the ground.   Spencer Ware has proven to be a durable and serviceable back.  He isn't Jamaal Charles,  but who is?  And it is not a secret that the tough part of sacking Alex Smith is his running ability.   It is an extra dimension to his game that will make him tough to stop.

If we can establish the run,  and I think we have to go to it often,  we can beat these guys into submission.

Defensively we are facing one of the worst offensive lines in the AFC.  They have shuttled 12 players in and out over the season.

Brady on the other hand has that quick release and we can't assume we're going to get sacks on him.   Edelson and Amandola are both back but I think Edelson is still hurt.  It is Gronk that we have to worry about.   The Chiefs vaunted pass defense will be severely tested by the likes of Brady to Gronkowski...a big man with great hands and speed.  Again do we doubleteam Gronk?  This opens lanes for both Edelson and Amandola.   New England has better wide receivers than Kansas City with Maclin out.   Brady is going to be tough.  He doesn't get rattled and he is comfortable in the pocket.    Yet the fact remains that he is advancing in years as well.  A steady diet of Tamba and Justin might cause him to hurry his throws although he gets the ball out quickly. 

In the end it could be up to two NFL originals....Bill Belicheck and Andy Reid.  Should be a great game.

Wilkie, the only thing I disagree with in your paragraph is that Brady doesn't get rattled in the pocket.  He doesn't get rattled, and is comfortable; when he has a clean pocket, but when he gets hit, he seems to get rattled just like a lot of QB's.  

I was nervous before the Texans, but for some reason I'm not as nervous facing the Pats. It could be the way the Chiefs beat the Texans. I've never felt this way before a Chiefs playoff game. Andy Reid really seems to have these guys ready, especially the last two weeks.  

I do not claim to be a pro football expert. I am not an NFL coach. I have played a lot of football but that does not qualify me to speculate on what will happen on Saturday. I am a "talented" amateur. Actually you could probably omit the word "talented".

Having given my exculpatory statement, here is what I think.......

Bill Belichek is notorious for taking away an opposing teams best scoring threat. He has shown that he has a formula that has brought New England tons of success. It is fair to assume that he will try to do this against Kansas City on Saturday.

With Maclin out, and even if he is playing on a high ankle sprain my guess is that his effectiveness would be severely limited, the Chiefs second most talented offensive threat is Travis Kelce. Kelce had a good game last Saturday against an inferior team and Pederson was able to provide him a number of one on one matchups against Houston's slower linebackers. I have to assume that Belicheck will doubleteam Kelce. A doubleteam on a tight end does limit effectiveness. That should leave Wilson and Conley open for one on one coverage. Both have a ton of speed. But that's about all they have shown. Wilson has been working his way into more pass receptions in recent games. But, like last week when he didn't stretch out for the long post, I think he is at best an average wideout. He is small and I do not think he has had more than 5 receptions in any game he has played in. Conley scored his first touchdown last week. While he is bigger than Wilson, he is not a good route runner and I think he has had only a very few receptions. This is to say that behind Maclin, our wide receivers aren't much. So who picks up the slack? I think it is a combination of Spencer Ware and Alex Smith on the ground. Spencer Ware has proven to be a durable and serviceable back. He isn't Jamaal Charles, but who is? And it is not a secret that the tough part of sacking Alex Smith is his running ability. It is an extra dimension to his game that will make him tough to stop.

If we can establish the run, and I think we have to go to it often, we can beat these guys into submission.

Defensively we are facing one of the worst offensive lines in the AFC. They have shuttled 12 players in and out over the season.

Brady on the other hand has that quick release and we can't assume we're going to get sacks on him. Edelson and Amandola are both back but I think Edelson is still hurt. It is Gronk that we have to worry about. The Chiefs vaunted pass defense will be severely tested by the likes of Brady to Gronkowski...a big man with great hands and speed. Again do we doubleteam Gronk? This opens lanes for both Edelson and Amandola. New England has better wide receivers than Kansas City with Maclin out. Brady is going to be tough. He doesn't get rattled and he is comfortable in the pocket. Yet the fact remains that he is advancing in years as well. A steady diet of Tamba and Justin might cause him to hurry his throws although he gets the ball out quickly.

In the end it could be up to two NFL originals....Bill Belicheck and Andy Reid. Should be a great game.

You are forgetting D. Harris. He could be the Chiefs secret weapon this game. Remember that catch vs Oakland? I assume Andy Reid has more plays designed for the big guy. Get him involved.

Without Maclin at 100%, the Chiefs offense may struggle.  The good part is that Reid has a week to prepare for that.  NE appears to be getting back some key players just at the right moment.  They're playing at home and have a history of winning in the playoffs.  Their QB is HOF quality and their coach knows how to win important games.  On paper the Pats should be solid favorites.  But the Chiefs seem to be on a mission and emotions play a huge part in these games.  I think they have a chance to pull the upset.  It will be interesting to see if they can withstand a fourth quarter comeback if they have a lead.  Will Houston and Hali be at their best?  I would not bet of the Chiefs, but neither would I say they will lose for sure.

The key to beating the Patriots? Being able to get serious pressure while rushing just 4. The NY Giants recipe. They had the personnel to do it, so do we. Drop 7 to fill the gaps where Edelman and Amendola love their slants. Bracket Gronk. Of course, gotta send Parker off the edge to keep them thinking. Most importantly, don't get behind early.

I'm noticing that all the sports talk media are having a tough time picking this game. A lot of them are picking the Pats, but the reason they are giving are typical ones. Brady and Bellichik, the Pats aways step up in big games etc...

I don't know why I'm feeling like this, but I really like the Chiefs chances. This is not the same a 95, 97, 2003, 2006, or 2013.  It just feels different. I'm in no way guaranteeing a win but this does feel different.

I believe, if the Chiefs D is on their game the Chiefs win.

If the Chiefs O and D are in their game it's a replay from last year.

If the Chiefs D is off NE wins.

If the Chiefs O and D are off they get blown out.

If the Chiefs D is on and the O is off then it's a close game and a flip of the coin.

If the Chiefs D is off and the O is on then again it's a coin toss.

I was thinkin of the pats and there short passing game. I wonder if they take advantage of our corners giving so much cushion. Brady will have to be brave throwing outside the numbers. It's going to be a chess match. I hope the Chiefs have enough offense to win the game. I think our d will keep them around 21 or less. We will need at least 24 plus to win.

I was thinkin of the pats and there short passing game. I wonder if they take advantage of our corners giving so much cushion. Brady will have to be brave throwing outside the numbers. It's going to be a chess match. I hope the Chiefs have enough offense to win the game. I think our d will keep them around 21 or less. We will need at least 24 plus to win.

The other I forgot to mention was that the Chiefs have to stop the pats from scoring at the end of the half and beginning of the 3rd. This will be a big deal for the Chiefs.

I understand Gronk throws wild parties. 

7:42 A.M. RDE Chandler Jones was dropped in the parking lot at Foxboro Police department for a "medical emergency". He was taken to Norwood Hospital. For those who don't know, Foxborough and Foxboro are the same place. It resembles Overland Park KS, Lenexa, and Mission. Norwood is 15 minutes from the Foxboro police department. Its all one area with communities like Mansfield, Norfolk, and Sharon flowing one into the other. Sharon is a Jewish area where Robert Kraft (owner) used to live (don't know if he still is there or not). The area is all inside of the 495 loop that encircles the Boston metropolitan area. Its all about a 40 minute drive from downtown Boston on the South West side. Gronk lives in that area. The police report had a space where medical information was blacked out. It apparently indicated Jones OD'd, and was last at Gronk's place. 

Gronk was AWOL from practice the next day. From neighbor's reports (not in the media), Gronk did host a small party at his place. It was not out of nature for him to do this. Gronkowski has a reputation for partying, and hosting parties. http://nesn.com/2015/07/rob-gronkowski-defends-partying-says-im-no-boy-scout-im-a-gronk/  

Gronk says his buds don't do drugs, and he doesn't drink. Neighbors say differently. The police are frequently called out to the Gronkowski residence, but usually no reports are made. Here is a photo of Gronk (not a drinker, or druggy) 

unv2fbsazoagqujifnxd.jpg

You tell me. Sure, sober, right!

Gronk missed practice the next day, and did not report in a reason to the team. 

It was a strange day. Coach Belichick showed up to his news conference sporting a black eye. 

Bill-Belichick-with-Black-Eye-0112-jpg.j

This team is swirling the toilet, friends. Its time to flush them all the way down. 

Chandler Jones did not miss practice. He was late, but showed up. Apparently, he smoked synthetic marijuana, but not enough to OD.  

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/01/13/what-synthetic-marijuana/x26Si00dViJPPYtgGPm9GK/story.html

Synthetic weed was made illegal, it was made so by the Massachusetts legislative body in 2012. It is much more dangerous than marijuana, and just as illegal. So, why would a person risk taking this substance? Apparently, the NFL tests do not test for synthetic marijuana, or bath salts. 

Bath salts causes people to move around wildly. Sometimes they dance in weird erratic motions. Sort of like this.

of course, per Gronkowski, neither he, nor his posse, drink alcohol, nor do they partake in drugs. 

Be your own judge on that one. Hernandez is waiting for a roomy, Gronk. Miami is nice. 

Archived