Thanks for a great run KC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible season.  The future looks very bright.  Young, deep, many playmakers.  Even hurt they came within one TD of a very healthy Patriot steam.  For the first time in decades I can say "wait 'til next year" and really mean it. Congratulations to the Chiefs.

Incredible season. The future looks very bright. Young, deep, many playmakers. Even hurt they came within one TD of a very healthy Patriot team. For the first time in decades I can say "wait 'til next year" and really mean it.

My feelings exactly. Brady, poured his heart into this game. He knows his time is coming. Chiefs should win the division next year.

My only small issue was Reid showed his flaws at the worst time. Horrible time management and some terrible calls on that drive. Alex took his shots. I'm proud of smith. He does need another weapon. Conley should be good with another year.

It was truly a fun season.  Calichief, I agree about Reid. it wasn't so much his play-calling to me, it was the clock management. He has been horrible at that all the way back to his days with the Eagles. He did the same thing in the SB. 

Conley looks like he's going to be good. Just imagine if we had  Charles, Houston and Maclin healthy , along with Ware & West.

We competed until the end. Having Jamal back next year will help. Soft schedule against AFC South. We need to win the division next year.

I thought KC looked a LOT better without Jamaal...  As good as he is he Reid either doesn't know how to use him or he just doesn't compliment the offense they want to run very well...

If I am Reid and I have a more complete RB like West, with a big bruiser to spell him and punish on short yardage, that's the direction I am going.  That said, if the Chiefs keep their core together they should be competitive for a few years no doubt.

Offensive line looked good. To me the turning point of the game was when we were down 7-3 with great field position sitting on the NE 35 and we decide not to run the ball. Reid for whatever reason went brain dead. Ended up tossing  a bubble screen to Kelce which was poorly blocked. We end up going 3 and out and on NE's ensuing position they drive 98 yards for a TD. Boom ,ball game.

I thought KC looked a LOT better without Jamal...  As good as he is he Reid either doesn't know how to use him or he just doesn't compliment the offense they want to run very well...

If I am Reid and I have a more complete RB like West, with a big bruiser to spell him and punish on short yardage, that's the direction I am going.  That said, if the Chiefs keep their core together they should be competitive for a few years no doubt.

I'm right with you about Jamal. The offense looked  more confident with him out of the lineup. Alex Smith, opened up and West and Ware were a good 1 - 2 punch. The question is can Reid compliment Jamal's touches with a balanced offensive game plan. That he hasn't done. We'll find out next year. Obviously, I blurt out Jamal out of frustration. Don't think it would have changed the outcome of today's game much had he played. Maybe Reid can finally learn how to use Jamal when needed without him being 90% of the gameplan.

Offensive line looked good. To me the turning point of the game was when we were down 7-3 with great field position sitting on the NE 35 and we decide not to run the ball. Reid for whatever reason went brain dead. Ended up tossing a bubble screen to Kelce which was poorly blocked. We end up going 3 and out and on NE's ensuing position they drive 98 yards for a TD. Boom ,ball game.

My turning point was the Davis fumble, though we needed the three where you said.

Sorry about my piss poor attitude in the game day thread. I usually don't give up early. Plus, we won when I started the Game Day Thread last week. So it's my fault we lost.

I should be more positive.

Crazy Play Smith "Never" Makes: http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/divisional-can-t-miss-play-smith-the-magician-about-nfl-kansas-city-chiefs-at-new-england-patriots-divisional-playoffs-on-nfl-live-1_zh

At the beginning of the year I felt one playoff win would be a success and I still feel that way. The defense really carried us through the streak. Offense was fine with the lead. But my fear was the come back ability of the offense if the defense had a bad day. The 5+ minute drive with dink passes, time consuming runs, guys not getting out of bounds, huddling up, etc. was torture to watch. My son was blaming Reid again for poor clock management but this was on the players inability to execute. We had, I believe, all of our timeouts after that long drive. It was awesome to get this far into January and look forward to next year.

I want to apologize to Wilkie and oldtimer for doubting their seasoned knowledge and not listening when they say the Chiefs are going to lose. It's obvious I know nothing about football. Great season for our Chiefs now I have to wait for the Dirt Track Racing season to start, my favorite Late Model driver of the 4B, Jackie Boggs never hardly lets me down.

Ended up being a great year, just ended sooner that any of us wanted.  Think were building in the right direction, and regardless of play calling and clock management, I think we have a damn good coaching staff.  Can't wait till next season to see how we progress.  And anyone that does not want Charles back has got to be a little crazy IMO.

Archived