Chiefs still expect to have De'Anthony Thomas this offseason

This one still boggles the mind..

The De'Anthony Thomas situation is a little odd. The Chiefs ended his season by putting him on the non-football illness list near the end of the season. The Chiefs said it was not due to the concussion but offered up no other explanation other than personal issues. DAT then tweeted recently that he was still recovering from his concussion, which led to more questions.

So, what's going on here? Chiefs coach Andy Reid told Danny Parkins and Carrington Harrison on 610 Sports this afternoon that when he spoke with DAT at the end of the season he did not say it was the concussion.

"I would tell you he passed all the protocol there," Reid said on 610. "That wasn't a situation, I mean, he seemed fine when he was here. That wasn't what he had told me why things ended that way. So I'm not gonna get into all of that but it wasn't concussion-related."

Chiefs GM John Dorsey spoke to the media on Thursday as well and he was guarded about it as well but did say the NFI list was not because of the concussion.

What Dorsey DID say is that the Chiefs anticipate having DAT for OTAs this spring. Because we didn't know exactly what was going on I was wondering if DAT was going to be back with the Chiefs. This doesn't mean that he definitely will ... but that the Chiefs expect him to.

There's still something else going on here, and I'm not sure what it is.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/1/21/10809972/chiefs-still-expect-to-have-deanthony-thomas-this-offseason

This one still boggles the mind..

The De'Anthony Thomas situation is a little odd. The Chiefs ended his season by putting him on the non-football illness list near the end of the season. The Chiefs said it was not due to the concussion but offered up no other explanation other than personal issues. DAT then tweeted recently that he was still recovering from his concussion, which led to more questions.

So, what's going on here? Chiefs coach Andy Reid told Danny Parkins and Carrington Harrison on 610 Sports this afternoon that when he spoke with DAT at the end of the season he did not say it was the concussion.

"I would tell you he passed all the protocol there," Reid said on 610. "That wasn't a situation, I mean, he seemed fine when he was here. That wasn't what he had told me why things ended that way. So I'm not gonna get into all of that but it wasn't concussion-related."

Chiefs GM John Dorsey spoke to the media on Thursday as well and he was guarded about it as well but did say the NFI list was not because of the concussion.

What Dorsey DID say is that the Chiefs anticipate having DAT for OTAs this spring. Because we didn't know exactly what was going on I was wondering if DAT was going to be back with the Chiefs. This doesn't mean that he definitely will ... but that the Chiefs expect him to.

There's still something else going on here, and I'm not sure what it is.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/1/21/10809972/chiefs-still-expect-to-have-deanthony-thomas-this-offseason

I've already written him off, and I'm OK with that, as he showed in his first two seasons that he was a high-upside pick that just never panned out. There was a concern that he was too small for the NFL, that concern has been validated very forcefully, and I would be happier for the Chiefs and for him if he calls it a career before he jeopardizes his health further.

This guy is a deserter. Treason. " No man left behind is not his mantra". He is a coward. Guys playing hurt but not this sissy. May have cost KC vs NE.

Sorry, but I just can't take that hard of a stance on this. I hate that the Chiefs evidently burned a draft pick on Thomas, but the Chiefs aren't going to be able to give Thomas' his brains back.

You know, I'm not saying that he is replaceable and that we cannot make it without him.  But I do not know what the deal was at the end of the year and neither does anyone else.  Maybe there are realistic reasons that he could not play for us at the end.  Maybe there are not.  To make assumptions that we know what was going on is ludicrous.  I would have to assume that if the GM and HC want him back then they know more than we do.  If they do not want him back then I am fine with that also.  JMO

The players should tar & feather him out of town. 

Pretty judgmental talk for someone who, like the rest of us, has no idea what is the actual situation or non-football problem DAT is dealing with.  Wouldn't you feel a little embarrassed if you found out that he has a daughter with a life-threatening disease?

No, probably not.  Guys who post things like that never feel embarrassed.  After all, why should they?  They have it all figured out.  Facts are unnecessary when they already "know."  Please clue the rest of us in.

Here is a little quote for Fanatic.  Maybe he should consider this:

You've heard "Don't believe everything you read."
Here are some useful spinoffs: Don't believe
everything you think. Don't believe everything
you tell yourself. And most especially, don't
believe everything you feel.

-- Rev. O.M. Bastet

Sorry, but I just can't take that hard of a stance on this. I hate that the Chiefs evidently burned a draft pick on Thomas, but the Chiefs aren't going to be able to give Thomas' his brains back.

Its not a matter of brains to some guys, obviously :lol:

Archived