Denver Coaching So Much Better than KC?

Guest 303Chiefs

Sorry to say. But True.

Who cares? Why are we always comparing ourselves to them? Fuck them...they got bailed out by a kicker who missed an extra point today...

Chiefs needs to figure themselves out and realize they are always a day late and a dollar short.

Guest 303Chiefs

ALWAYS!!!

You really do need a lot of things to go right in the playoffs and the Chiefs just don't have anything fall right when they need them. Aside from an easy schedule this year which they benefitted from, injuries and such really killed them.

I refuse to compare them to the Broncos or be envious of those guys. Doing so only adds to why being a Chiefs fans is fucking painful.

Alex Smith's offense put up more points per drive than either the Broncos or the Patriots did today.

The defense does not deserve to be a sacred cow. Criticism where it's due. All of it.

I said offense pick up the slack. By slack I mean the defense didn't play well. Do you have to mention Alex Smith every time I post? I didn't say anything about your crush. The OFFENSE didn't carry the game when the defense failed. We wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs without the defense. Brady picked our defense apart in this game. I think we all know that this OFFENSE is a play with lead OFFENSE. Not going to make many comebacks when down 2 scores.

I said offense pick up the slack. By slack I mean the defense didn't play well. Do you have to mention Alex Smith every time I post? I didn't say anything about your crush. The OFFENSE didn't carry the game when the defense failed. We wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs without the defense. Brady picked our defense apart in this game. I think we all know that this OFFENSE is a play with lead OFFENSE. Not going to make many comebacks when down 2 scores.

I'll retort in like manner: Do you have to complain about the offense every time anyone points a finger at the defense? You've gone on and on and on in other threads about how the offense didn't do enough when the defense "didn't play well", but to suggest it merely 'didn't play well' is to misrepresent the facts: The defense gave up 3 points per drive in the playoffs. That's a very, very bad number, especially considering the actual time of possession. Neither the Patriots nor the Broncos gave up even half of that number of points per drive.

The offense did enough, other than Knile Davis not holding onto the ball, in which case you should have complained about the runningbacks not picking up the slack.

Sorry, I forgot, you want a quarterback that shows he can dominate by throwing for a touchdown and two interceptions in the biggest games.

I'll retort in like manner: Do you have to complain about the offense every time anyone points a finger at the defense? You've gone on and on and on in other threads about how the offense didn't do enough when the defense "didn't play well", but to suggest it merely 'didn't play well' is to misrepresent the facts: The defense gave up 3 points per drive in the playoffs. That's a very, very bad number, especially considering the actual time of possession. Neither the Patriots nor the Broncos gave up even half of that number of points per drive.

The offense did enough, other than Knile Davis not holding onto the ball, in which case you should have complained about the runningbacks not picking up the slack.

Sorry, I forgot, you want a quarterback that shows he can dominate by throwing for 2 touchdowns and win a game down the stretch in the biggest games.

Fixed it for you :)

I've said this a few times, but I really wish we would not have deferred. The Patriots recognized that they needed to take the ball first against Manning and the Broncos. They didn't succeed, but I liked the effort. We might have fared better at least in the field position game. I wish we realized that we had to take the ball first against Brady.

Yes, I know that we wanted to score at the end of the half and have the ball at the beginning of the second half, but we needn't play as if we're going to have a deficit or want to play the field position game in the playoffs.

Second, I wish our defense at least looked like they knew that Brady was going to get the ball out fast. And I wish the offense played better in the opposing territory and Davis didn't fumble. We didn't need everything to go right to win the game, but to get the momentum to have won this weekend (though I admit that momentum from game to game isn't necessary a strong thing per se), we needed everything going well, in my opinion.

I've said this a few times, but I really wish we would not have deferred. The Patriots recognized that they needed to take the ball first against Manning and the Broncos. They didn't succeed, but I liked the effort. We might have fared better at least in the field position game. I wish we realized that we had to take the ball first against Brady.

Yes, I know that we wanted to score at the end of the half and have the ball at the beginning of the second half, but we needn't play as if we're going to have a deficit or want to play the field position game in the playoffs.

Second, I wish our defense at least looked like they knew that Brady was going to get the ball out fast. And I wish the offense played better in the opposing territory and Davis didn't fumble. We didn't need everything to go right to win the game, but to get the momentum to have won this weekend (though I admit that momentum from game to game isn't necessary a strong thing per se), we needed everything going well, in my opinion.

Coaches call in the defense. It was poor planning ESPECIALLY the defense. The cushion was stupid. Not dropping LB's into those lanes was stupid. Just bad bad bad game planning

Is it possible that their defense was just better than ours at the end of the year?  I watched the game, and as much as I hate to admit it, that #58 was unstoppable.  Can't really stand him, but he was a stud today.

Von Miller is one player on a stacked defense. The difference between the Chiefs' personnel and the Broncos' personnel was that the coaching in Denver put their players in the best position to win the game. Bob Sutton did not do that, and has a history of not doing that when it matters most.

Von Miller is one player on a stacked defense. The difference between the Chiefs' personnel and the Broncos' personnel was that the coaching in Denver put their players in the best position to win the game. Bob Sutton did not do that, and has a history of not doing that when it matters most.

Absolutely correct.

I guess to each his own.  I cannot comprehend how anyone can think that Denver does not have better defensive players than we do.  There is a reason that they are the #1 ranked defense in the NFL and it has just as much to do with the players as it does the coaching.  It is possible that in our game last week that the players were just not up to getting the job done.  LB's dropped into lanes, but they were in the wrong spots and the wrong time.  Shit happens. 

I guess to each his own.  I cannot comprehend how anyone can think that Denver does not have better defensive players than we do.  There is a reason that they are the #1 ranked defense in the NFL and it has just as much to do with the players as it does the coaching.  It is possible that in our game last week that the players were just not up to getting the job done.  LB's dropped into lanes, but they were in the wrong spots and the wrong time.  Shit happens. 

I agree. The Chiefs defense is really good and, at full strength; very close to the Broncos, but I still think the latter is better. They just seem more consistent. That could be coaching also. Imagine if the teams switched d-coordinators, with Phillips coaching the Chiefs.

Wade Phillips is just one of those guys that just have it, whatever it is. Everywhere he's been, the team's defense improved. The Chargers, Cowboys and the Texans. Phillips coached the Broncos a while ago, and Elway had to know how good a defensive guy he was. It was a smart move to hire him. I've always wished the Chiefs could get get him, but the timing was never correct.

I guess to each his own.  I cannot comprehend how anyone can think that Denver does not have better defensive players than we do.  There is a reason that they are the #1 ranked defense in the NFL and it has just as much to do with the players as it does the coaching.  It is possible that in our game last week that the players were just not up to getting the job done.  LB's dropped into lanes, but they were in the wrong spots and the wrong time.  **** happens. 

There are so many factors that determine how much yardage opponents ultimately get. The big deal is points, and Kansas City outperformed Denver there (although Denver had to be on the field longer due to fielding a less effective offense than Kansas City).

Denver was a little healthier (thanks to the rest), but I'm not sure that there was that much difference between the two defenses.

There are so many factors that determine how much yardage opponents ultimately get. The big deal is points, and Kansas City outperformed Denver there (although Denver had to be on the field longer due to fielding a less effective offense than Kansas City).

Denver was a little healthier (thanks to the rest), but I'm not sure that there was that much difference between the two defenses.

Thank you. Their corners are deeper 1-4.

That's it.

Archived