Denver Coaching So Much Better than KC?

Agree. I do not think Denver has a better roster than KC. I do not think Manning at this stage of his career is better than Smith. Both about the same. It was scheme.

Only a week ago, Smith's offense produced more points per drive than Manning's did, with only limited offensive weapons and without the benefit of the Chiefs' defense producing turnovers to provide short fields. If anything, it might have been that last week the Chiefs' offense wore the Patriots' defense down. The Patriots' defense didn't exactly play a strong game yesterday.

The Chiefs did exactly what everyone in the media said they would do: They were the touch of death for both the Texans and the Patriots.

Only a week ago, Smith's offense produced more points per drive than Manning's did, with only limited offensive weapons and without the benefit of the Chiefs' defense producing turnovers to provide short fields. If anything, it might have been that last week the Chiefs' offense wore the Patriots' defense down. The Patriots' defense didn't exactly play a strong game yesterday.

The Chiefs did exactly what everyone in the media said they would do: They were the touch of death for both the Texans and the Patriots.

Manning played with a lead the entire game. He played conservative and smart and relied on his defense. He didn't need to push it. Alex did. That's the difference.

Exactly. Every teams weakness is playing from behind.

It was a good game plan by Denver. I would not say they have a better defense then ours.

Imagine if Cincy had won and we played Denver instead of N. Eng.? Then what? I would bet we would have had a better chance than winning in New Eng. We match up well against Denver.

Anyways enough excuses, Chiefs were close...as Reid said there is a fine line between winning and losing. The common denominator...play with a lead and play on your terms!

Sutton sucks.

Denver played man to man, took away the quick slants, and sat a safety on top of gronk. That forced Brady to hold onto the ball long enough for the pass rush to beat on him.

What did sutton do????

Had the DB's always playing 8-10 yds. off, And plus, we had zero pass rush...

Exactly. Every teams weakness is playing from behind.

It was a good game plan by Denver. I would not say they have a better defense then ours.

Imagine if Cincy had won and we played Denver instead of N. Eng.? Then what? I would bet we would have had a better chance than winning in New Eng. We match up well against Denver.

Anyways enough excuses, Chiefs were close...as Reid said there is a fine line between winning and losing. The common denominator...play with a lead and play on your terms!

Against Hoyer, et al, differ. Against Brady, Rodgers, etc., take the ball if you win the coin toss. You can't be worried about playing field position or scoring at the end of the first half and beginning of the second. You have to take the lead. Score and make good adjustments for your opponents first drive of the second-half. I know that it can backfire if you don't, but trust your offense to at least advance far enough to pin the opponent deep in their territory.

Of course, that didn't matter when the Patriots started at their 2 1/2 yard line.

Archived