Aqib Talib

The man did attend the University of Kansas ........

After topping New England 20-18 to advance to the Super Bowl, Aqib Talib and the Broncos were feeling very good. Celebrating a win against the defending Super Bowl champs might be enough for some, but Talib also managed to get a shot in at the rival Kansas City Chiefs in the process.

The Chiefs saw their 11-game winning streak and season end last week with a loss to the Patriots. The Kansas City defense struggled to contain Tom Brady and the New England passing attack. Talib made it very clear he didn't pull any tips from how the Chiefs played New England.

"We ain't look at nothing the Chiefs did — they got served," Talib said, via The Kansas City Star. "The Chiefs ain't help us do nothing. They sorry."

There is no love lost between the Chiefs and Broncos and that extends to the fan bases. Talib trashing the Chiefs — who will be watching the Super Bowl from home — had to be the cherry on top of the AFC Championship for Denver fans.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, he told the truth....why would they look at the chiefs game film

taking that into account, i hope the panthers destroy the donkeys in the SB

I don't question his veracity, all be it expressed in quite an ignorant way, however, i would be very surprised if at least the Denver coaches did not watch the game film from the Chiefs/Patriots game and came away with a few things NOT to do in order to defend the Pats offense.  Talib may not have learned anything, in fact, he may not be capable of learning

It's trash talk from a player responsible for doing his own job, but it supports the notion that as a squad the Chiefs' defense was not well coordinated in the game against the Patriots.

Talib is probably exaggerating, but he was also correct: The Chiefs' defense got served.

Guest 303Chiefs

It really is sad that the majority of the post on this forum are about the Broncos but trying to relate to the Chiefs. Sad really...screams jealousy and shows how inept we really are.

Guest 303Chiefs

After topping New England 20-18 to advance to the Super Bowl, Aqib Talib and the Broncos were feeling very good. Celebrating a win against the defending Super Bowl champs might be enough for some, but Talib also managed to get a shot in at the rival Kansas City Chiefs in the process.

The Chiefs saw their 11-game winning streak and season end last week with a loss to the Patriots. The Kansas City defense struggled to contain Tom Brady and the New England passing attack. Talib made it very clear he didn't pull any tips from how the Chiefs played New England.

"We ain't look at nothing the Chiefs did — they got served," Talib said, via The Kansas City Star. "The Chiefs ain't help us do nothing. They sorry."

There is no love lost between the Chiefs and Broncos and that extends to the fan bases. Talib trashing the Chiefs — who will be watching the Super Bowl from home — had to be the cherry on top of the AFC Championship for Denver fans.

Winners can say what they want I guess...

I hate to point it out, but NE only beat us by 7 points.  Only an idiot would not look at the last game the team they played had.  It shows how stupid he is and why we don't want to sign him.

"They sorry"  Well, they sorry assess put a clown suit on you for 7 or 8 quarters of football we played this year.  Denver is going to get smoked.

What he was trying to say may arguably be valid, but it was hardly well said. 

I sometimes wonder how difficult it is for a well-educated, white adult to coach some of these young fellas from the 'hood. I hope that since these young men have been exposed to standard English in school and even the mass media, that they can at least understand standard English when they hear it, even if they cannot or choose not to speak it.

"We ain't look at nothing the Chiefs did — they got served," Talib said, via The Kansas City Star. "The Chiefs ain't help us do nothing. They sorry."

Guessing he was an English major at KU?

Guest 303Chiefs

We sorry sitting on the couch watching the super bowl in the first year we had a legit shot at actually going...

He's right. Also, it's blaringly obvious that this fan base is so desperate to be like the Broncos is disgusting. just look at how we compare ourselves to them in multiple posts...

We sorry sitting on the couch watching the super bowl in the first year we had a legit shot at actually going...

He's right. Also, it's blaringly obvious that this fan base is so desperate to be like the Broncos is disgusting. just look at how we compare ourselves to them in multiple posts...

They are a measuring stick are they not? No one here wants to be anything but a winner. Get a grip.

Talib was MVP of our orange bowl win against VMI.  He was always a douchebag.  Anyway he is not the main reason the hairs stand up on the back of every Kansas City fan's back.  Not his dogging of the Chiefs.  For me it was the presentation of the AFC championship trophy and Mrs. Bowlin and Jim Nance announced to the crowd that the reason all of this was possible was because of  JOHN ELWAY.   And then the camera pans back and there is that toothy horseface grin AGAIN.  Smiling benevolently to remind the Chiefs that we just aren't good enough.   Elway has suffered 4 losing seasons in 25 years.  8 trips to the superbowl.  Nothing is more galling to me than another year of that stupid toothead lying about how great the coaches are and the best fans in the world.   Man oh man.  Karma is really taking its own sweet time going circular on him.

Guest 303Chiefs

Talib was MVP of our orange bowl win against VMI. He was always a douchebag. Anyway he is not the main reason the hairs stand up on the back of every Kansas City fan's back. Not his dogging of the Chiefs. For me it was the presentation of the AFC championship trophy and Mrs. Bowlin and Jim Nance announced to the crowd that the reason all of this was possible was because of JOHN ELWAY. And then the camera pans back and there is that toothy horseface grin AGAIN. Smiling benevolently to remind the Chiefs that we just aren't good enough. Elway has suffered 4 losing seasons in 25 years. 8 trips to the superbowl. Nothing is more galling to me than another year of that stupid toothead lying about how great the coaches are and the best fans in the world. Man oh man. Karma is really taking its own sweet time going circular on him.

There's no doubt in my mind that he has pulled some shady bullshit that allows him to basically build the Yankees of the NFL. Using the Broncos as a measuring stick is direspectful to the Chiefs in my opinion.

There's no doubt in my mind that he has pulled some shady *** that allows him to basically build the Yankees of the NFL. Using the Broncos as a measuring stick is direspectful to the Chiefs in my opinion.

This year began with the Broncos being the one team the Chiefs needed to beat. The Chiefs won one out of two, but didn't earn the right to play them a third time by winning in week 19. The Broncos hit in free agency and in the draft, something the Chiefs haven't managed to do. If you want to discuss the inequities of the NFL's free agency system and how the Kansas City Chiefs are at a competitive disadvantage, let's have that conversation, but we can be better than insinuating that the Broncos are cheating without producing a shred of evidence to back up such claims. That is disrespectful. We're all grieving; there's just right and wrong ways in going about that.

For what it's worth, the Broncos are heading into 2016 with questions about their quarterback situation. There is no Peyton Manning heading into free agency this time around, the Broncos will be drafting late and will be hard-pressed to trade up in the draft, and neither Peyton Manning nor Brock Osweiler scare anyone (I don't imagine that Manning will play next season). If the Chargers can string together a season where their players are healthy for most of the year, it could be the Broncos that are bringing up the rear in the AFC West.

Guest 303Chiefs

This year began with the Broncos being the one team the Chiefs needed to beat. The Chiefs won one out of two, but didn't earn the right to play them a third time by winning in week 19. The Broncos hit in free agency and in the draft, something the Chiefs haven't managed to do. If you want to discuss the inequities of the NFL's free agency system and how the Kansas City Chiefs are at a competitive disadvantage, let's have that conversation, but we can be better than insinuating that the Broncos are cheating without producing a shred of evidence to back up such claims. That is disrespectful. We're all grieving; there's just right and wrong ways in going about that.

For what it's worth, the Broncos are heading into 2016 with questions about their quarterback situation. There is no Peyton Manning heading into free agency this time around, the Broncos will be drafting late and will be hard-pressed to trade up in the draft, and neither Peyton Manning nor Brock Osweiler scare anyone (I don't imagine that Manning will play next season). If the Chargers can string together a season where their players are healthy for most of the year, it could be the Broncos that are bringing up the rear in the AFC West.

I don't care about being disrespectful to the Broncos, if one of their players was on fire I'd watch him burn.

Chiefs are and always will be a day late and a dollar short. It's embarrassing...

Archived