Aqib Talib

Talib was MVP of our orange bowl win against VMI.  He was always a douchebag.  Anyway he is not the main reason the hairs stand up on the back of every Kansas City fan's back.  Not his dogging of the Chiefs.  For me it was the presentation of the AFC championship trophy and Mrs. Bowlin and Jim Nance announced to the crowd that the reason all of this was possible was because of  JOHN ELWAY.   And then the camera pans back and there is that toothy horseface grin AGAIN.  Smiling benevolently to remind the Chiefs that we just aren't good enough.   Elway has suffered 4 losing seasons in 25 years.  8 trips to the superbowl.  Nothing is more galling to me than another year of that stupid toothead lying about how great the coaches are and the best fans in the world.   Man oh man.  Karma is really taking its own sweet time going circular on him.

I had to change the channel after that. I thought I was over all of that, but I guess I'm not. Not until the Chiefs are presented with the Lamar Hunt trophy. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talib was MVP of our orange bowl win against VMI.  He was always a douchebag.  Anyway he is not the main reason the hairs stand up on the back of every Kansas City fan's back.  Not his dogging of the Chiefs.  For me it was the presentation of the AFC championship trophy and Mrs. Bowlin and Jim Nance announced to the crowd that the reason all of this was possible was because of  JOHN ELWAY.   And then the camera pans back and there is that toothy horseface grin AGAIN.  Smiling benevolently to remind the Chiefs that we just aren't good enough.   Elway has suffered 4 losing seasons in 25 years.  8 trips to the superbowl.  Nothing is more galling to me than another year of that stupid toothead lying about how great the coaches are and the best fans in the world.   Man oh man.  Karma is really taking its own sweet time going circular on him.

i was trying to figure out how many surgeries bowlens wife has had....

Yea, I agree with "the don't drink the Hate-orade" guys. Elway has just been better at us at building his Yankees team. That team was built 4 yrs. ago to win now. The chiefs are trying to build a long lasting franchise by building thru the draft. (i.e., Packers and Patriots). It appears this model may work, but Dorsey has to hit in the draft every year.

However, if the Chiefs wanted to go out and "buy" a Superbowl, I'd be okay with that too!

Aaron Rodgers was critical after the loss of Thompson relying on the draft every year. I think he, like the elites, imagined that it wouldn't be 6 years (?) since their last SB.

Isn't it funny how the elites get upset because their supporting cast doesn't meet their standard? So much for "carrying the team".

We get to spend the next two weeks listening to how Cam Newton is one of the NFL's best football players, and how's he's proved it by 'carrying his team to the Super Bowl', which is a really strange thing to say seeing as he has only made incremental improvements since the time in which he was called 'a quarterback that needed more help from his team.' Teams win Super Bowls.

Isn't it funny how the elites get upset because their supporting cast doesn't meet their standard? So much for "carrying the team".

We get to spend the next two weeks listening to how Cam Newton is one of the NFL's best football players, and how's he's proved it by 'carrying his team to the Super Bowl', which is a really strange thing to say seeing as he has only made incremental improvements since the time in which he was called 'a quarterback that needed more help from his team.' Teams win Super Bowls.

I'd like to see Alex with a Calvin Johnson, Antonio brown, and maclin...

Or Cam with Ted Ginn, Jericho Cotchery and Philly Brown whatever their names are.

And some guy named Greg Olsen.

Are we really going to start talking about how Cam Newton makes a bunch of no-name receivers better? How about this?: Cam Newton's completion percentage is 59.8%. His offense is built on the big play, and on the defense cleaning up after Cam Newton when he's inefficient for drives at a time.

And some guy named Greg Olsen.

Are we really going to start talking about how Cam Newton makes a bunch of no-name receivers better? How about this?: Cam Newton's completion percentage is 59.8%. His offense is built on the big play, and on the defense cleaning up after Cam Newton when he's inefficient for drives at a time.

Their offense is designed to hit the home run. His receivers fit his skills. They are a deep throwing team.

He needs to work on his completion percentage but that's not his game.

Their offense is designed to hit the home run. His receivers fit his skills. They are a deep throwing team.

He needs to work on his completion percentage but that's not his game.

45 total TDs and he's in the SB but I'd rather he had a higher completion %. I'm sure that's what the Panthers and their fans are thinking. How does that even come up?

45 total TDs and he's in the SB but I'd rather he had a higher completion %. I'm sure that's what the Panthers and their fans are thinking. How does that even come up?

I was just responding to another persons post.

I couldn't care less. They are not a short passing team. His misses are going to come more often since he pushes it.

The man did attend the University of Kansas ........

After topping New England 20-18 to advance to the Super Bowl, Aqib Talib and the Broncos were feeling very good. Celebrating a win against the defending Super Bowl champs might be enough for some, but Talib also managed to get a shot in at the rival Kansas City Chiefs in the process.

The Chiefs saw their 11-game winning streak and season end last week with a loss to the Patriots. The Kansas City defense struggled to contain Tom Brady and the New England passing attack. Talib made it very clear he didn't pull any tips from how the Chiefs played New England.

"We ain't look at nothing the Chiefs did — they got served," Talib said, via The Kansas City Star. "The Chiefs ain't help us do nothing. They sorry."

There is no love lost between the Chiefs and Broncos and that extends to the fan bases. Talib trashing the Chiefs — who will be watching the Super Bowl from home — had to be the cherry on top of the AFC Championship for Denver fans.

Wow, Evad!  You look a lot like Alfred E. Newman.

Archived