Super Bowl Game Day Thread - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers

As much as we didn't want the Broncos to win, imagine if our Chiefs lost in the Super Bowl. Some people would say that making the Super Bowl is an accomplishment but, I don't think most of us know how it feels to lose in the Super Bowl.

31-64, 406 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs, 55.9 Passer Rating. 16.9 (Newton) and 9.9 QBR (winner).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on the Super Bowel win. The Chiefs beat New England and Seattle last season, and beat Denver this season. Unfortunately, beating the Super bowl champion in regular season does count for as much as doing it in the playoffs. 

Good win for PM. PM can go into retirement knowing the last time his team played the Chiefs, they got stomped. 

Thanks.  But the Chiefs beat an injured Manning, and he will go into retirement knowing he didn't even bother answering Scott Pioli's phone calls about free agency, and won a Super Bowl in his last game in the NFL with the Denver Broncos, having bent the KC Chiefs over nearly every time he played them, leaving them as the second rate AFC West franchise, while he accomplished greatness with Elway.  I am sure he will be quite happy looking back, and the Chiefs will be a punchline in the next 50 years of his jokes.

Oh, by the way, he didn't even return your phone calls LMAO.  EZ.

Guest 303Chiefs

Thanks. But the Chiefs beat an injured Manning, and he will go into retirement knowing he didn't even bother answering Scott Pioli's phone calls about free agency, and won a Super Bowl in his last game in the NFL with the Denver Broncos, having bent the KC Chiefs over nearly every time he played them, leaving them as the second rate AFC West franchise, while he accomplished greatness with Elway. I am sure he will be quite happy looking back, and the Chiefs will be a punchline in the next 50 years of his jokes.

Oh, by the way, he didn't even return your phone calls LMAO. EZ.

Faggot

If the Chiefs' defense had continued to play like either the Panthers' or the Broncos' defenses did today, they would have been the eventual Super Bowl winners.

I'm so tired of the stupid 'Need an elite [gunslinging] quarterback to win Super Bowls' garbage. It's so untrue. Two quarterbacks accounted for 0 touchdowns (directly), 5 turnovers, and 12 sacks, and yet it was hardly a slopfest: In the case of both teams, the defense was simply better than the associated offense. The team that won had the quarterback that didn't give up more turnovers or a scoop-six.

Thanks.  But the Chiefs beat an injured Manning, and he will go into retirement knowing he didn't even bother answering Scott Pioli's phone calls about free agency, and won a Super Bowl in his last game in the NFL with the Denver Broncos, having bent the KC Chiefs over nearly every time he played them, leaving them as the second rate AFC West franchise, while he accomplished greatness with Elway.  I am sure he will be quite happy looking back, and the Chiefs will be a punchline in the next 50 years of his jokes.

Oh, by the way, he didn't even return your phone calls LMAO.  EZ.

The Broncos are champions and you're happy about it, that's cool. If Manning wasn't injured I still think the Chiefs would have won that game. He's just not the same.

I hate your team (because they've beaten the Chiefs so much) but I am happy for Manning. He's always been one of my favorite players.  

I have family in Denver and they're loving this.

Aren't you guys happy that Stubby is such a gracious winner?

Ha ha!  Some people on here are always messing with him so I expected he would come on here to rub it in. The tough thing is there is nothing we can come back with and say.

I don't think the Chiefs are far away, if Dorsey and Reed make the right moves in the off-season. 

If the Chiefs' defense had continued to play like either the Panthers' or the Broncos' defenses did today, they would have been the eventual Super Bowl winners.

I'm so tired of the stupid 'Need an elite [gunslinging] quarterback to win Super Bowls' garbage. It's so untrue. Two quarterbacks accounted for 0 touchdowns (directly), 5 turnovers, and 12 sacks, and yet it was hardly a slopfest: In the case of both teams, the defense was simply better than the associated offense. The team that won had the quarterback that didn't give up more turnovers or a scoop-six.

Elite defense, good ENOUGH run game, and a good ENOUGH QB = Super Bowl contender.

The Broncos are champions and you're happy about it, that's cool. If Manning wasn't injured I still think the Chiefs would have won that game. He's just not the same.

I hate your team (because they've beaten the Chiefs so much) but I am happy for Manning. He's always been one of my favorite players.  

I have family in Denver and they're loving this.

Honestly, Manning was so limited this season physically, literally a shell of his former self in arm strength, that I thought Brock Osweiler was the better option...  But I was really happy to see Peyton go out on top, he literally carried the Colts and Broncos for years on his back, and to see him get carried by a superior team when he needed it, that was cool, felt deserving. 

He will retire and the Broncos may struggle to return to this form, but Peyton literally could not write a better ending to his career than this.

Thanks. But the Chiefs beat an injured Manning, and he will go into retirement knowing he didn't even bother answering Scott Pioli's phone calls about free agency, and won a Super Bowl in his last game in the NFL with the Denver Broncos, having bent the KC Chiefs over nearly every time he played them, leaving them as the second rate AFC West franchise, while he accomplished greatness with Elway. I am sure he will be quite happy looking back, and the Chiefs will be a punchline in the next 50 years of his jokes.

Oh, by the way, he didn't even return your phone calls LMAO. EZ.

Classy as ever. You got to respect that in Bronco fans. Consistency.

Classy as ever. You got to respect that in Bronco fans. Consistency.

They beat us without Sean Smith. One might say that an injured Manning versus a healthy Manning is a big deal because he's the quarterback, but when you lose on the last offensive snap of the game, I'd say that there were plenty of what if's there. Neither side should discount the other.

So Newton says that he did not dive on the football because he thought he was going to break his leg to do so. It sounds like when Bowe said that he could've gotten his foot inbounds in the Indianapolis Colts playoff game, but didn't want to break his foot.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14745754/super-bowl-50-cam-newton-carolina-panthers-defends-walking-reporters

6:00 mintute mark of the Super Bowl. Down by 6. That's weak. The truth is he had been beaten up more than he ever imagined and didn't want any more. I think the loss will make him better than a win would. Not sure if his confidence is damaged or if he turns around to be Superman again. It will be interesting.

Archived