Jared Allen retires

Allen wanted to be traded if you remember.   Said in the news if we used the franchise tag on him he would sit out the season.   We traded Allen as an accommodation to him and his manager. 

Cuz King Dipshit, I mean Carl, was dickin him in contract negotiations. I would have asked for the same.

Brady doesn't play defense for the Pats last I checked. They've let their biggest free agents go on that side of the ball. Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Teddy Bruschi, etc etc etc. They keep clickin. I feel like people have more of an emotional attachment to the player rather than looking at the overall data that backs up letting these types of guys go. I've put the data out there, so I'm not going to argue it any longer. Only reason to keep a player like that is for our own entertainment value. And hey, maybe this is the year... again.

Allen wanted to be traded if you remember.   Said in the news if we used the franchise tag on him he would sit out the season.   We traded Allen as an accommodation to him and his manager. 

if i recall, he had a few alcohol fueled incidents as well and was one step away from a 1 year suspension. he was a bit out of control at the time ( didn't he open a bar as well??)

This is true, but their defense isn't why they are competitive.  Look at their rankings.

2014    #13

2013    #26

2012    #25

2010    #31

2009    #25

They have paid the price for those decisions on the defensive side of the ball.

and 9th in 2015. They've grown back to a very good defense. And no matter what the rankings, Bill is a defensive guru who has those boys ready to rock come playoff time.

Fascination with a RB and P... blows my fucking mind. This franchise is doomed forever. If this was a QB or DE... oh wait....

if i recall, he had a few alcohol fueled incidents as well and was one step away from a 1 year suspension. he was a bit out of control at the time ( didn't he open a bar as well??)

Funny him drive around in the Boss Hog white convertible with bull horns attached to the hood. Yeah, you tend to attract the cops attention in that ride. What a character.

Archived