Semo Mock V.1 - Pre Combine

Alabama_logo.gif  1 - Jarran Reed DE/DT Alabama  6'3" 311lbs

Versatile run stuffer who can play End or Tackle.  With the exit of Howard and DeVito looming, Reed is a need, and will be an immediate and long time starter for KC.  If he gets to their pick.

Houston_logo.gif  2 - William Jackson III  CB  Houston  6'1" 195lbs

If Sean Smith leaves in FA, KC will have to get another CB.  Jackson is a tall, lanky player similar to Smith in that he plays press or off man well and doesn't get beat deep. 

SouthernUtah_logo.gif  3 - Miles Killebrew SS Southern Utah  6'2" 219lbs

Large DB that Dorsey covets.  Thumper who can play in the box, but also excels at playing center field.  He is a perfect fit for the dime package that KC uses extensively.  This could be a little low for him, as I see him going as high as the early 2nd round.

Arkansas_logo.gif  4 - Denver Kirkland OG Arkansas  6'5" 340lbs

Mammoth lineman who played LT his senior year, but he is a Guard in the NFL.  Steam rolling run blocker who needs pass pro development.

Houston_logo.gif  5 - Demarcus Ayers WR/PR Houston  5'10" 190lbs

With DAT's career in doubt, KC needs a punt returner not named Hammond (please!).

Minnesota_logo.gif  5 - De'Vondre Campbell DE/OLB  Minnesota  6'4" 234lbs

Tweener who will earn his paycheck on special teams, and probably projects better as an inside backer as he plays well in space.

Auburn_logo.gif  6 - Avery Young OG/OT Auburn  6'6" 305lbs

OT/OG project who is serviceable in the running game.  Will need technique work and improved short area quickness if he wants to make it at RT.  Probably a Guard.

USC_logo.gif  7 - Antwaun Woods NT USC  6'0" 329lbs

Interior player who will compete for time as Poe's backup.  Could use some time on the PS.

Can't say that I would see anything wrong with this draft.  I also agree that there is a really good chance that we are either going DL or OL with our 1st round pick, and I am good either way.  Every great team is built from the inside out, and it all starts with great OL or DL play.

Archived