Tamba Hali's Remaining Contract Voided

I guess we get him off the books this year. Makes sense. Ford showed improvement and Hali showed decline. I don't think we get a ton of sacks from the right side which ever guy starts. At least the arrow is pointing up for Ford.

Hate to see Hali go or play in another uniform.  I hate even more when a team keeps popular players beyond their optimum years.  Nothing sadder than watching a team in cap trouble because they're playing overpriced vets with no room for FAs that will upgrade the team.  I think Dorsey is playing it pretty smartly.

Tamba Hali was born in Liberia, and moved to the U.S. at age 10, or was he 12? He looks older than 33, and there have been some who speculated he was actually older when he relocated to America.

Tamba Hali has always kept himself in optimal condition, but he is breaking down. Whether his actual age is 33 or 35, he seems older than his chronological age. The two sides could not agree on a deal that would have avoided the Chiefs accelerating the $4 M CAP cost.

If the Chiefs were to have wanted to get a deal done, it would have happened. It seems to me they are parting ways. It's sad,  but Tamba Hali may have played his last game in a Kansas City Chiefs uniform. Regardless, it changes nothing about his history. Tamba Hali has been an incredible player for the Chiefs, and a fantastic personality on and off the field.

Too bad this could not have been done a little sooner. The Chiefs may have been able to save the $4M against their cap this year. However, I am sure this new contract is written in such a way that it does virtually the same thing. 

It is good to have Tamba Hali back in the fold. He is an outstanding player, and perhaps.. an even better person. I love his attitude. Tamba Hali needs to retire as a Chief. It looks as if this is going to happen. 

The Chiefs need to move on to Derrick Johnson. Guys like DJ and Tamba are at the core of this team. They are still playing at a high level, and keep themselves in amazing physical condition. 

He was a great player.  I hope the Chiefs match any one year offer he gets....

That said, teams are smart about these type of things and somebody will give him a 3 year deal.

w

West, the clairvoyant.

B)

Too bad this could not have been done a little sooner. The Chiefs may have been able to save the $4M against their cap this year. However, I am sure this new contract is written in such a way that it does virtually the same thing.

It is good to have Tamba Hali back in the fold. He is an outstanding player, and perhaps.. an even better person. I love his attitude. Tamba Hali needs to retire as a Chief. It looks as if this is going to happen.

The Chiefs need to move on to Derrick Johnson. Guys like DJ and Tamba are at the core of this team. They are still playing at a high level, and keep themselves in amazing physical condition.

No way DJ leaves town IMO. I think they get the dead money off this year and be in better shape going forward. I like how Dorsey looks to the future.

Why is everyone still going on about the '$4 million that might have been saved'? Hali was paid that money almost a year ago. It was in his bank, and is either still there or in the pockets of whomever it was given or paid to. In any contract negotiations to follow, it was money Hali considered "paid", and the Chiefs had no leverage in the matter.

So for one last time:

Hali never took a "pay cut" to stay with the Chiefs in 2015.

Furthermore, Hali will evidently take every dime the Chiefs pay him, even if his body will never hold up for a post-season run for the rest of his career.

Archived