Schwartz to KC

Fisher - Morse - Fulton - Reid - Schwartz

Pughsley, Frenchy and a later round guy would be my depth chart from there.

There's my line right there. Morse is a natural guard, Fulton plays a lot better when he's working in a phonebooth and will be good with time to learn all the calls. Reid is a good bulldozer that struggled with his footwork against more speedy rushers..I think he's more ideal for Guard.

Oh and I forgot about Fanaika. Fuck that guy; cut.

Well, we knew they needed help on the O-line.  D-line seems ok now with the signing of Howard.  Seems the draft will concentrate on CB and O-line and the loss of a 3rd will really hurt.  Seems to me that there will be another FA signing in the next round of free agency, since any draftee will not be ready to contribute much.

Chiefs came out of the blocks strong and worked hard to retain the guys that they wanted as well as fight for Sean Smith.

They had a "cut off" point for the negotiations and when the price went past that number, they stopped....

The appeal of Commish's Penalty will cut the damage, maybe  in half. I prefer that the Chiefs get the 3rd rd pick back and lose more $$ if possible.  These things are always a negotiation.

Draftees can contribute PLENTY ( Peters, Morse, Conley...) so lets hope we get that third rd pick back as Bil suggests above.

Finally, KC not only has a Plan, they have a Strategy based on a spending model per position- based on Schemes for both Offense and Defense.

Dorsey went after his A Targets with good success, could on him coming back and filling in holes with B Targets in the coming weeks.

KC is a Contender and they are going to go hard for the Ring this season.

w

Guest eraser

The Chiefs will have to see how the draft falls. For now, unless Dorsey finds more Cap room, the Chiefs are done in FA. The Chiefs need to replace Sean Smith, but they already may have that on their team now. The Chiefs may need to replace Jeff Allen, but they may have that man on the team too. The Chiefs need to take the best guys for their team when they get the chance to draft.

CB Eli Apple has all the tools, but has not demonstrated the instincts in college. He also may be taken before the Chiefs get a chance.

WR Josh Doctson has the size, speed, hands, and athletic ability to make the tough catch. He is also a quality guy. He is smart, and has tremendous character. He may also be taken before the Chiefs get to the podium.

G Cody Whitehair has the best technique, and may be the most NFL ready lineman in the draft, but the Chiefs may not see it that way, or he too may be gone.

DT Vernon Butler seems to be a nice fit, and would have been more of a need, had the Chiefs not been able to retain Jaye Howard. Still, I would not be surprised if the Chiefs take a defensive lineman when they are called upon.

OLB Noah Spence is a troubled soul, but he is talented. The Chiefs went down that road last year, and so far, it has not blown up in their faces, so maybe the Chiefs will be willing to do that again. If this is the pick, you will have to wonder what the Chiefs think about Dee Ford.

The first three rounds are vital in the NFL draft. If you find someone after those three rounds, it is a bonus. The Chiefs may only have two picks in those three very important rounds. They must make those two picks count.

Archived