Chiefs lose 2 drafts picks

Statement from Chiefs Chairman & CEO Clark Hunt Regarding 2015 Negotiating Period Ruling

Posted 28 minutes ago

“Today we were informed by the National Football League that our club will be disciplined for an infraction during the 2015 free agency negotiating period.

“While we respect Commissioner Goodell and the process, we believe that the penalties proposed in this case are inconsistent with discipline enforced in similar matters – particularly given the league's inconsistent communication of its policies on contact with potential free agents.

“As an organization, we take great care to conduct ourselves with integrity and operate within the guidelines of the NFL. We have been fully cooperative and transparent with the league in this matter, and we are disappointed with the league’s decision. I want to make it clear that I fully support the leadership of both Coach Reid and John Dorsey. We will continue to explore our options under the appeal process.”

- Chiefs Chairman & CEO Clark Hunt

Guest 303Chiefs

Yes appeal. Money isn't the issue. Cant afford to lose a 3rd rounder. Houston was a 3rd rounder. Kelce was a 3rd rounder.

NFL trying to act tough. I'm so glad Brady ruined Goodell's reputation. What a tool

If the Chiefs are guilty, so are a number of other teams, guaranteed. I would place money that Denver is as guilty as anyone but nothing happens to them. Fucking bullshit...

ther was no leak this investigation was going on? odd.  the move was a no brainier  and if it comes down to it the spin was that we got JM for a 3rd round pick but still not the what we need now..certainly a kick in the nads.

NFL DICTATORSHIP CONTINUES

Andy Reid - OT - Chiefs

NFL fined the Chiefs $250,000 and stripped them of their 2016 third-round and 2017 sixth-round picks for illegally tampering with Jeremy Maclin as a free agent last offseason.

Coach Andy Reid and GM John Dorsey have also been fined. It's quite a big blow for something all teams do, especially with the NFL's nonsense "legal tampering" period basically being looked over this year. Commissioner Roger Goodell simply needs to abolish this thing and have a normal free agency opening like the other sports. Maclin signed a five-year, $55 million deal.

ther was no leak this investigation was going on? odd. the move was a no brainier and if it comes down to it the spin was that we got JM for a 3rd round pick but still not the what we need now..certainly a kick in the nads.

I remember, though I might be misremembering, that it was one of our reporters that reported on us talking with Maclin. I think I might even have it on this board saying that it was really stupid for one of our guys to even talk about it. I might look for my post if I have time.

some of the assholes on ESPN are are saying we are guilty simply because Andy coached Maclin in philly...

they also said there is no clear cut documentation to explain what constitutes tampering in the eyes of the NFL

i believe we appeal and get this reduced (that 3rd rounder is a tough pill to swallow) but better than a first rounder

i suppose

It was pretty obvious the Chiefs were tampering with Maclin, considering he was locked into an extension with Philly than all of a sudden is heading to KC. A very late 3rd and a 6 is worth Maclin.

Considering Roger is a bitch and handles appeals, plan on it sticking.

How can you be locked into an extension with a team and be a FA??

Irony. Denver ok but Chiefs get nailed?

There are a few differences, though. If the accusations are true, we talked to the player when we weren't supposed to. Denver talked to Sanders when they could. Another difference is that the person who did the shady thing was the player, not Denver. Us talking to Maclin early might be our fault, not the player's.

Having said all that, who cares? Why have the time where you can talk to the agents legally without talking to the player? Why us and not the Jets who publicly tampered with Revis?

How can you be locked into an extension with a team and be a FA??

He already agrees to a deal with the Eagles and was going to finalize it when everyone got together. That's why Andy called him personally at the last minute.

Andy isn't dumb. He knew exactly what he was doing and did a hail mary to salvage the offense. Maclin wasn't technically a FA yet, so techically he still was under the Eagles.

Archived