That was unanticipated.

I don't know if the worse part of the Grubbs deal was the money lost on the extension ruined by injury, or the expenditure of a fifth-round draft pick. Actually, it's both put together that really makes this bad.

That's a shame....I would like to know the details of the failed physical.

Neck Injuries are tricky things, perhaps KC can relieve some of the "dead money" if Grubbs retires due to his injury.

w

NFL Grading would dispute that. He played well per the so called experts.

I would have to remind them that he only played in the first 7 games most of which he (any most others) missed blocks and assignments repeatedly. I thought I remembered that we were all shocked at how bad he looked on the board. Then he missed half the season and now he is a good player? They should check their criteria or my memory is not very accurate.

Chiefs released LG Ben Grubbs (neck) with a failed physical designation.

Grubbs signed a "four-year, $24 million" deal after the Chiefs acquired him in a trade last offseason. Grubbs was solid over the first half of the season, but he ended the year on injured reserve with a neck injury. This move suggests the injury is serious. Cutting Grubbs saves the Chiefs $1.1 million against the cap, but leaves behind $5.2 million in dead money. Mar 10 - 7:01 AM

I have read other NFL grades that  put him in well above average performance

Archived