LOL at the Donkeys

Guest 303Chiefs

I agree with West completely. First, this is a Donkey thread. Second, they are SuperBowl champs we have not been for 45 years, so there is obsessive jealousy among us Chiefs fans. But the fact is that Elway is no friggin genius, though he is good. His "genius" is mostly having had the best QB for the last bunch of years. Now they don't. They have a dominant defense, but the Chiefs have seen where that gets you many many times. This IS a QB league. Manning was mostly not needed or good last year, but they got by with great coaching, a dominant defense, and a mediocre QB who is now gone. The Broncos' D will be almost impossible to hold together for long because of free agency. That is true of every team. The only difference is a franchise QB who can squeak through wins that otherwise would have been losses by using his own exceptional talent and determination. In the long run, it is about the QB. Alex Smith is better than anyone the Broncos will have. Derek Carr is better than anyone the Broncos will have and may be better than AS eventually, though that remains to be seen. The dominant forces in the AFC West for the next several years will be the Chiefs and Raiders, no matter what any Broncos fan hopes for.

I guess I'll agree to disagree. Chiefs have been looking in from the outside for way too long and just never are in good position to make that final push. Although, I wasn't alive for their glory days like you guys...so I wouldn't know what rooting for a winner feels like.

I guess I'll agree to disagree. Chiefs have been looking in from the outside for way too long and just never are in good position to make that final push. Although, I wasn't alive for their glory days like you guys...so I wouldn't know what rooting for a winner feels like.

Feels good.  Of course, when we won it all, there were fewer teams, salaries for the best players were in the hundred thousand dollar range or less, and no one cared about concussions or what those guys had to deal with later in life.  Its not the same game now.

While I wish we could have given less for Alex Smith, I find it a bit funny that teams are balking at offering the Niners more than a single third/fourth for Kaepernick when Smith got 2 seconds. And even then, the third round pick reportedly offered by Cleveland was later denied by the Browns owner. The report was Denver valued Kaepernick as a fourth they don't have.

I mean, it was also clear that the Niners wouldn't be keeping Smith, though I don't think they would have cut him. He and Kaepernick at the time were making 9 or 10 million combined. The Niners also tried to play the "we want to keep Smith" card like they are doing with Kaepernick. But it wasn't "keeping Smith to compete with Kaepernick" like they would reportedly make Kaepernick compete with Gabbert. It was also clear that he'd be there as a backup, so of course, they'd rather trade him. Smith could have helped Kaepernick if he stayed.

There were multiple teams going for Smith and some reportedly were not listened to, like Arizona (before Palmer became available). Things might change and Kaepernick might be traded for a second round pick, I suppose, and maybe an additional pick. I don't think the injuries are a factor and the contract is cuttable (though who would trade value just to cut the next year?).

IMO the league is tired of "hybrids"

Manzel, RGIII and Kaep....

Wilson has shown he is a complete QB as has Newton.

Manzel is brain dead, RGIII is damaged goods and was not that great to begin with.   Kaep falls in a similar camp.

Is he healthy?  can he be an accurate passer?

Market is down and sinking...

w

Archived