Offensive Line per Source

LT Fish

LG Fulton

C Morse

RG Fanaika

RT Schwartz

Reserves - LDT, Reid, Pughsley

Said Fanaika actually injured his back at the start of preseason, but struggled through. The Chiefs finally put him on IR, and his back is responding. Should be back by spring practices. Says his punch is one of the best. Expects him to start.

This blew me away as from what I saw, Fanaika was a complete and utter dud.

Also said Geoff Schwartz was a distinct possibility, and if they did choose to add Mitchell's older brother, it would not be for a single season. Said if so, it would be for three years. Schwartz got away, but was hurt. 

Geoff Schwartz reports he is back at his mom and dad's place in California. He also provided a recent photo of him playing some basketball. The pic showed Geoff laying the ball over the rim, and he was definitely high enough where he could have dunked it. In this, he summarized this was the best condition he has been in in years, and his ankle has finally completely healed. He also said he battled a number of injuries over the past two years that held him back. He is now ready to go.

Cody Whitehair may be available, but according to this, the Chiefs will likely not go in that direction in the draft. They have other pressing needs.

We shall see.

LT Fish

LG Fulton

C Morse

RG Fanaika

RT Schwartz

Reserves - LDT, Reid, Pughsley

Said Fanaika actually injured his back at the start of preseason, but struggled through. The Chiefs finally put him on IR, and his back is responding. Should be back by spring practices. Says his punch is one of the best. Expects him to start.

This blew me away as from what I saw, Fanaika was a complete and utter dud.

Also said Geoff Schwartz was a distinct possibility, and if they did choose to add Mitchell's older brother, it would not be for a single season. Said if so, it would be for three years. Schwartz got away, but was hurt. 

Geoff Schwartz reports he is back at his mom and dad's place in California. He also provided a recent photo of him playing some basketball. The pic showed Geoff laying the ball over the rim, and he was definitely high enough where he could have dunked it. In this, he summarized this was the best condition he has been in in years, and his ankle has finally completely healed. He also said he battled a number of injuries over the past two years that held him back. He is now ready to go.

Cody Whitehead may be available, but according to this, the Chiefs will likely not go in that direction in the draft. They have other pressing needs.

We shall see.

Disaster if this is it opening day. Long way to go until then & much can happen.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Fanaika can beat out LDT or Reid. I liked how those guys developed last year. Fulton would be another surprise. If it happens we have some great versatile depth.

All three of those guys are not good, Back-ups at best.

At this time last year, Kush was our starting Center.

Good point. Kush was not up to the task. Morse had not played Center in a number of years, and was not very good at it when he did in college. So, it was hard for me to believe he would adjust to the NFL, and especially as a starter at Center. Obviously, Dorsey et al saw something I did not. I was not alone. Most mocks, so called experts, and teams slotted Morse to be a mid to late third round selection. Heck, some teams had him in the fourth or not even on their charts (due to short arms).

I keep hearing about the Chiefs developing offensive line talent, and doing it very well. In the past it seemed the Chiefs' coaches were incompetent or the talent selected were not capable of learning. The former seems to have been the case in many instances. Failed projects, such as Black, Alford, Riley, Anderson, Svitek, Niswanger, Richardson, Brown, Asamoah, Allen, Hudson, and Stephenson were drafted, failed, or moved on to another team. Most were late round selections. Some of the higher round selections never panned out. Some, as in the case of Svitek, never reached their talent level until after leaving the Chiefs. Allen, Stephenson, and Hudson developed, but later in their rookie contract (only to leave to another team).  Bottom line is there has been issues bringing in talent or coaching them up, until this cast of coaches. 

Good point. Kush was not up to the task. Morse had not played Center in a number of years, and was not very good at it when he did in college. So, it was hard for me to believe he would adjust to the NFL, and especially as a starter at Center. Obviously, Dorsey et al saw something I did not. I was not alone. Most mocks, so called experts, and teams slotted Morse to be a mid to late third round selection. Heck, some teams had him in the fourth or not even on their charts (due to short arms).

I keep hearing about the Chiefs developing offensive line talent, and doing it very well. In the past it seemed the Chiefs' coaches were incompetent or the talent selected were not capable of learning. The former seems to have been the case in many instances. Failed projects, such as Black, Alford, Riley, Anderson, Svitek, Niswanger, Richardson, Brown, Asamoah, Allen, Hudson, and Stephenson were drafted, failed, or moved on to another team. Most were late round selections. Some of the higher round selections never panned out. Some, as in the case of Svitek, never reached their talent level until after leaving the Chiefs. Allen, Stephenson, and Hudson developed, but later in their rookie contract (only to leave to another team).  Bottom line is there has been issues bringing in talent or coaching them up, until this cast of coaches. 

I agree yet still dont see anyone coached up? Chiefs have no top talent at oline. Maybe Schwartz... yet he is a free agent signed.

It's Cody Whitehair, not Cody Whitehead. :D

Fixed it. Thanks. My back issues and corresponding medication could be blamed. However, it is just as likely that I would have done this anyway. I'm prone to such things. Hair, head.... close anyway.

I agree yet still dont see anyone coached up? Chiefs have no top talent at oline. Maybe Schwartz... yet he is a free agent signed.

LDT improved radically year over year. Fulton improved. Fish may not be top 15 LT, but he did get much better this year. Huge improvement. Jah Reid was given up on by Baltimore. Coaches saw a few things, and made him a much better player overnight. Morse improved, and credits the coaching staff.

In addition, I have heard Pughsley, and Munyer have made strides.

LDT improved radically year over year. Fulton improved. Fish may not be top 15 LT, but he did get much better this year. Huge improvement. Jah Reid was given up on by Baltimore. Coaches saw a few things, and made him a much better player overnight. Morse improved, and credits the coaching staff.

In addition, I have heard Pughsley, and Munyer have made strides.

I saw the Smith with little time to throw against teams with a decent pass rush. Looked the same to me as pass seasons. You must have watched from a different camera angle than I.  ;)

I saw the Smith with little time to throw against teams with a decent pass rush. Looked the same to me as pass seasons. You must have watched from a different camera angle than I.  ;)

No, Smith did have pressure. However, the offensive line seemed to get better as the season progressed. They weren't the best offensive line, nor were they the worst. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/20/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

Ranked them 22nd in 2015, which was an improvement over 2014. They were 30th in pass protection. Jeff Allen was one of the best in the league. Losing him hurts, but he only played 441 snaps. He just was never healthy for the Chiefs. Schwartz was ranked 4th best RT in the NFL last season. He is most notable for his pass protection. Wipe out the first few games, and the last, Fish was good in pass protection. He is below average, but not the worst in the league. He is starting to turn it around. Should have a better season in 2016. Jah Reid is the worst for pass protection. IMHO, LDT is better now, and will be even better this season. He has improved dramatically. On the surface, it would seem the loss of Allen balances the gain of Schwartz. Allen couldn't stay healthy. Schwartz hasn't missed a game. Advantage KC. Allen plays Guard. Schwartz plays RT, which is more important... Advantage KC. I have doubts about Fanaika, but if the reports are true, and he is what they say... Advantage KC. 

Add it up...  what changes from last season

Fish - should be better

Morse - should be better

Schwartz - should be better

loss of Allen - worse

LDT/Fulton/Reid - should be better

Fanaika - could not be worse than it was last year. Might be much better. 

No, Smith did have pressure. However, the offensive line seemed to get better as the season progressed. They weren't the best offensive line, nor were they the worst. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/20/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

Ranked them 22nd in 2015, which was an improvement over 2014. They were 30th in pass protection. Jeff Allen was one of the best in the league. Losing him hurts, but he only played 441 snaps. He just was never healthy for the Chiefs. Schwartz was ranked 4th best RT in the NFL last season. He is most notable for his pass protection. Wipe out the first few games, and the last, Fish was good in pass protection. He is below average, but not the worst in the league. He is starting to turn it around. Should have a better season in 2016. Jah Reid is the worst for pass protection. IMHO, LDT is better now, and will be even better this season. He has improved dramatically. On the surface, it would seem the loss of Allen balances the gain of Schwartz. Allen couldn't stay healthy. Schwartz hasn't missed a game. Advantage KC. Allen plays Guard. Schwartz plays RT, which is more important... Advantage KC. I have doubts about Fanaika, but if the reports are true, and he is what they say... Advantage KC. 

Add it up...  what changes from last season

Fish - should be better

Morse - should be better

Schwartz - should be better

loss of Allen - worse

LDT/Fulton/Reid - should be better

Fanaika - could not be worse than it was last year. Might be much better. 

Competition was less. We do this every season. Hoping guys get better. Sure they can improve but still not great talent. We need at least one more proven GUARD! 

Archived