Browns release Dwayne Bowe

Dorsey was new to the Chiefs. Bowe was all we had.

Boy, he has really rebuilt this offense.  The draft choices were worth the price for Alex Smith, though many of us here complained bitterly about that move up until even the recent season.  He's drafted some good receivers and and brought in Maclin.  Now he has protected Smith's right side with Schwartz and has brought in Streater, who may prove to be healed up and a solid slot receiver.  We may now finally find out what Smith's true upside is.

Anyway, we are a far cry from Dwayne Bowe.

I think Bowe "was" a good receiver when Dorsey and Reid came in.  His style didn't mesh with Alex and he got lazy. 

Maybe I just got more intolerant of it later, but even in his good years when he was targeted constantly, he dropped at least a third of every pass that was right in his hands or close by.  He was a butterfingers from the beginning.  Its just that we had no one else, and he was always bailed out by Priest Holmes and the running game, or was it the"great" Larry Johnson?

not that I feel any different but when you look at D-Bwe's rankings  vs other Chiefs in history and its a head scratcher.

same can be said for Larry Johnson I suppose

When the two of them split every snap, the total stats look pretty good.

Maybe I just got more intolerant of it later, but even in his good years when he was targeted constantly, he dropped at least a third of every pass that was right in his hands or close by.  He was a butterfingers from the beginning.  Its just that we had no one else, and he was always bailed out by Priest Holmes and the running game, or was it the"great" Larry Johnson?

Plenty of good receivers dropped passes. He could make a great catch if he gave a shit.

Dude was aleays hard to figure out.

Plenty of good receivers dropped passes. He could make a great catch if he gave a shit.

Dude was aleays hard to figure out.

He was that.  Looking back, it was probably just concentration.  Of course, smoking weed regularly does not do wonders for concentration.

He was that.  Looking back, it was probably just concentration.  Of course, smoking weed regularly does not do wonders for concentration.

if he would have imagined it was a big sonic burger flying thru the sky he would have caught every damn thing thrown his way :D

Archived