Why?

Guest 303Chiefs

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25523618/the-chiefs-just-signed-a-player-whos-never-played-football-in-his-life

Chiefs sign someone with no football experience...why? This is a friggin reach if I've ever seen one.

Sure, that's a reach, but your post is an over-reaction. There are no real limits right now for the roster and he's not going to get paid much. Hard for me to match your disdain.

Sure, that's a reach, but your post is an over-reaction. There are no real limits right now for the roster and he's not going to get paid much. Hard for me to match your disdain.

I agree, his chance of making the final 53 man roster is about the same as one of us making it, does no harm to look at someone with potential

Maybe he makes the practice squad and learn to play the game.  Okoye didn't have much experience when he got drafted so if this guy is a freak of nature, maybe he can learn.  Probably just camp fodder and a means for publicity, but who knows?.  Our next great TE?  

Guest 303Chiefs

Why? Why not? No one knows much about the guy, but one think I have learned through the years is that anything is possible.

Because a roster spot is better utilized for players that have football knowledge and experience that can be coached up. This is a reach and pointless time and energy for coaches.

Because a roster spot is better utilized for players that have football knowledge and experience that can be coached up. This is a reach and pointless time and energy for coaches.

Color me crazy but I doubt the folks in the front office made this decision without inputs from the coaching staff whose time and energy would be waisted.

Guest 303Chiefs

Color me crazy but I doubt the folks in the front office made this decision without inputs from the coaching staff whose time and energy would be waisted.

I can't believe you defend this...it will be a failure and waste of time, guarantee it. This blind faith in the Chiefs front office is absurd. They won their first playoff game in 13 or something? So what...they flopped in the game that mattered the most, just like they always have. But it's okay we signed some random dude whose never played football, he might be the best TG.

I like it. Shake the trees. Why have a guy without the physical tools to make over a guy that does have the physical tools, but just needs coaching. It is a no lose situation. Wasn't it Bryan Waters who had never taken a snap at OL in college. Or Harris who never played any college football? Didn't Antonio Gates play no college ball and then go to 8 Pro Bowls?

Why not? It's a no brainer. Roll the dice with nothing to lose.

I can't believe you defend this...it will be a failure and waste of time, guarantee it. This blind faith in the Chiefs front office is absurd. They won their first playoff game in 13 or something? So what...they flopped in the game that mattered the most, just like they always have. But it's okay we signed some random dude whose never played football, he might be the best TG.

Panties in a bunch in March. lol

Guest 303Chiefs

Panties in a bunch in March. lol

No need for the personal attack. I guess I shouldn't expect anything else. Chiefs don't have a clue on how to build a Super Bowl team. we beat a subpar Houston team and got worked by a legit playoff team, yippee...

No need for the personal attack. I guess I shouldn't expect anything else. Chiefs don't have a clue on how to build a Super Bowl team. we beat a subpar Houston team and got worked by a legit playoff team, yippee...

You are getting exactly what you should be getting, this is march dude...if he was in the starting lineup in week one then you have a valid point...

jeez the dude may be gone next week or after the draft...calm down and watch the NCAA tourney or have a stiff drink

The limit for each NFL team is 90 during the preseason. 8 players may end up on their practice team. 53 players make the regular squad. That leaves 29 players, who will not make the team. So, to say it is a reach for the Chiefs to sign a player, who has never played the sport, is a reach is true. However, it is not a risk taken that is not worthwhile.

Guest Okiechief1

I like it. Shake the trees. Why have a guy without the physical tools to make over a guy that does have the physical tools, but just needs coaching. It is a no lose situation. Wasn't it Bryan Waters who had never taken a snap at OL in college. Or Harris who never played any college football? Didn't Antonio Gates play no college ball and then go to 8 Pro Bowls?

Why not? It's a no brainer. Roll the dice with nothing to lose.

Stephen Neal is another one. The guy never played a down of college ball but instead was an amateur wrestler during college. Patriots signed him as undfa only to cut him a couple months later. Next year the guy made the 53 man roster and was the starting guard on one of their SB teams.

In reality it means nothing either way.

I wonder if the signing is more of a science project. To be successful in football, the core strength of the individual player is essential. The same goes for being successful in discus throwing. If it is believed that Kleras' presence on the team can yield dividends in the structure of the Chiefs' strength and conditioning programs, that is one way in which a player unlikely to make the 53-man roster could have a positive impact on the team come September. If Kleras can demonstrate the capacity to learn the nuances of the game from just one position to the extent that he could make the practice squad come September, that would merely be the cherry on top.

Teachers that don't learn from others never improve. This may be a method by which the teachers can be taught to do their jobs better.

lol you crack me up. and by that, I mean that I believe you are smoking crack every time you post.

Okay everyone, sorry for having a different opinion on a fan forum.

You don't voice any real opinions though. All you do is run around the board like chicken little. The next coherent statement you make that actually voices a well thought out opinion will be your first.

Guest 303Chiefs

You don't voice any real opinions though. All you do is run around the board like chicken little. The next coherent statement you make that actually voices a well thought out opinion will be your first.

My opinion is that we shouldn't be wasting time with players that haven't played football before in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE. This isn't a minor team or even a college team. I'm of the opinion that the Chiefs are seemingly desperate of this is how they think they will improve from this, and I don't agree with it. It makes me wonder if people in charge are more interested in looking like geniuses by signing uknown players or finding untapped resources for talent to stoke their egos, because I fail to see how this improves this team in the least.

My opinion is that we shouldn't be wasting time with players that haven't played football before in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE. This isn't a minor team or even a college team. I'm of the opinion that the Chiefs are seemingly desperate of this is how they think they will improve from this, and I don't agree with it. It makes me wonder if people in charge are more interested in looking like geniuses by signing uknown players or finding untapped resources for talent to stoke their egos, because I fail to see how this improves this team in the least.

So we shouldn't be wasting time with the draft?

Guest 303Chiefs

So we shouldn't be wasting time with the draft?

Read the article before you post. The dude hasn't played a snap of football in his life. He doesn't even sound like he knows how the game is played, and that's if he even knows what a football is. This is nothing like the draft as those players have experience, nice try.

Archived