Does Davis have a shot at the 53?

I thought that Knile Davis was a power running asset that just couldn't contribute to the passing game. Catching or blocking really. With the emergence of Spencer Ware in that role, does Knile have any shot at the 53.

Losing him only frees up a half mill, but I don't really se him (unless it is sitting RB3 until Charles gets back) with a spot onopening day. I would be calling Dallas and Miami looking for a fifth.

What does he really provide to us?

Knile Davis might fetch a conditional sixth-round pick in trade value. The fumbling is the dagger in his value. By comparison, Bryce Brown lost three fumbles on 211 touches between 2012-2013, and was traded away by the Eagles for a conditional fourth-round pick. It is understood that the Bills overpaid for Brown, who really didn't get over his tendency to put the ball on the ground.

In any case, Knile Davis won't be a Chief come week one.

It seems like they tried to get Kerley to return kicks and that didn't work out. Who the hell knows if DAT is gone or what so Davis might make the team in the capacity of the Kick return guy. We all know Hammond is terrible and Conley is not really suited for that role. Maybe Davis stays. He's not a bad receiver out of the backfield either btw.

He provides inopportune fumbles (not that any are really opportune) and gets injured pretty well.

I'm not stumping for the guy as I think Ware and West have passed him up.  But, Davis isn't the only one who fits this bill.

This same thing can be applied to Mr. Charles.

I'm not stumping for the guy as I think Ware and West have passed him up. But, Davis isn't the only one who fits this bill.

This same thing can be applied to Mr. Charles.

Yes, but there are things that Charles fits the bill for our team (positive) that Davis does not. Just like you said, West and Ware have passed him up and he fits the negative bill, where they have yet to show fumblitis.

Something tells me he makes it at least until Charles is back. After all you can't go to camp with just West and Ware. Maybe for the whole season unless someone offers a 5th for him. There are some teams desperate for a RB. You might even showcase him with the ones some in preseason.

Archived