West Extended

Chiefs signed RB Charcandrick West to a three-year extension through 2018.

Kansas City also gave RB Spencer Ware a two-year extension worth $3.6 million. West rushed for 586 yards, added another 205 through the air and scored five total touchdowns in 10 appearances after Jamaal Charles went down with a torn ACL last season. Charles is expected to be ready for training camp, but West should retain a change-of-pace role regardless of Charles' health. He is also nice insurance as Charles enters the latter stages of his career. West turns 25 in June.

Chiefs signed RB Spencer Ware to a two-year, $3.6 million extension through 2017.

The deal includes a $1 million signing bonus and $2.35 million guaranteed. Another $6 million can be earned via incentives. Injuries to both Jamaal Charles (ACL) and Charcandrick West opened up a big opportunity for Ware last season, and he responded with 403 yards and six touchdowns on 72 carries. With Charles expected to be ready for training camp, Ware will likely be limited to a short-yardage role moving forward, but he has proven he can be a fantasy monster when given the opportunity. With Charles going on 30 and coming off a knee injury, it is not out of the question Ware gets another shot this season.

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Chiefs are "working" to trade RB Knile Davis.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Davis requested a trade weeks ago. After signing both Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware to extensions Thursday, there is no room on the roster for Davis. An inconsistent back with serious fumbling issues, the Chiefs would do well to land a late-round pick. On the bright side, Davis will not be 25 until October.

West is over-rated....had to beat Cpt Cranky to the hook. :D

You da man Gil!

and, good for both of these young men.  I think they were the key to 11-5 last year.

w

When I saw the thread title, I thought you might have gotten into enhancement business.

Archived