Semo's 2016 NFL Draft - Round 1

SEMO

Goff lost early in the playoffs in High School multiple times and lost a state championship. 

Goff's record at Cal 14-22

0-3 against Oregon

0-3 against Stanford

0-3 against USC

0-3 against UCLA

I just read an article that compared him to Tim Couch. 

That article didn't compare him as a QB prospect to Tim Couch. It compared the process of transforming him into a better player. Get your shit together Mugs.

If not for Goff, Cal's record is probably 0-36. Fuck it, I'll be nice and give them 1-35. They were that bad of a football team. Bad O-line and just horrendous everywhere on defense. They weren't built to win anything, but keep pretending that's the case. Meanwhile, Oregon and Stanford have been among the top 10 in the country that entire time and UCLA was a top 25 team. UCLA wasn't bad either. Far, far, more talent on all of those teams than Goff had around him. Goff was personally successful as a QB, but one man is not a team. This is football, not tennis.

"Clutch" is essentially a measure of how one deals with adversity on the football field. Where is the adversity with Goff. Yeah, he's tough but so what? That is expected of an NFL QB. He never overcame anything. He never really rallied the troops. It's big to me and I think it is big to some organizations. I am positive Wentz will go #1 because of this. Fisher has coached two Superbowl quarterbacks (McNair and Chandler). He knows what it takes.

I eat crow.

Wentz will be a better player though. I will follow this debate. :)

Long-term, he very well could be. I think he has better QB coaches in Philly than Goff will have in LA. He's got a higher ceiling due to physical characteristics. Difference was who can start day 1? Goff can, not so sure about Wentz. Goff is no slouch either, very productive in college on an individual level and can also make all NFL throws and reads.

• 4 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived