Josh Forrest

I spoke with Josh's mom. She said the Chiefs spoke with Josh and seemed interested.

My wife is in the hospital with a hip injury. His mom took a picture of my wife with her Chiefs blanket, and sent it to Josh.

Josh Forrest is a 3-4 ILB. He is more of a project, but is a great kid, and has good athletic ability. Forrest needs to get in the weight room.

Forrest was a basketball star in high school, and only played football his junior and senior year of high school. He was a WR and a S in HS. After Josh redshirted his freshman year at Kentucky, he was converted to OLB. The following year he was moved to ILB. The school asked him to gain a lot of weight to play his new position. It was not a productive weight gain. He ran 4.6 in H.S.

Josh Forrest had the flu during the Indy combine. As a result, he ran a 4.89 in the 40. He had been throwing up all night, preceding the event. On his pro day, Forrest improved his time to 4.75. I believe that time is slow as well. He plays much faster. Part of the issue is his conditioning. He has not had time to adjust to the weight gain, and the extra weight is more fat than muscle. He needs to build his core strength. Getting in top physical shape, Forrest should be closer to 4.7 or less in the 40. He is very good in coverage, and has excellent hands.

The Chiefs have shown interest. He projects as a day 3 pick who can contribute early on special teams.

His tape actually resembles Derrick Johnson's college tape. Sideline to sideline speed, good hands, shoots the gaps well. But, runs around blocks, tackles high, not a thumper.

Like DJ, with experience and coaching he could develop into a solid starter. Or, his ceiling could be special teams. I see him as another DJ...

DJ Alexander

I like Wake Forest's Brandon Chubb a whole bunch more than Josh Forrest.Reminds me of a young Navarro Bowman. Personally, I don't think Forrest gets picked until the 6th or 7th round simply because he can't take on blocks and he isn't natural in coverage. He's got some good attributes, but he just doesn't seem to match his measurements to tape consistently.

Archived