lf mock 1.probonlyone

1.  Paxon Lynch, QB Memphis

I think the Chiefs interest in Lynch is very real and seeing him play, I understand why.  Will he go this far?  Maybe, maybe not. 

Keeping him from Denver would be a bonus.

2.  Xavien Howard, CB Baylor

Howard should be the missing piece for the Chiefs secondary.

3.  Pharoh Cooper, WR South Carolina

I'm not gambling my offense on Streater maybe having a rebound.  I will have plenty of options.

4.  Evan Boehm, C Missouri

I still think Morse is best at LG and putting his old teammate with him would go a long way for getting a quick line gel.

5.  Kentrell Brothers,  ILB Missouri

Brothers stock tanked due to a low 40 at the combine, but he can flat out make plays.  A good eventual successor to DJ.

5.  Vincent Valentine, NT Nebraska

Getting a development guy that can maybe eventually lower the wear and tear on Poe.  Bonus points for FF7 name.

6.  Jordan Jenkins, OLB Georgia

Need to add some young depth here.

7. Demarcus Robinson, WR Florida

Bet on Andy to gamble with the weed guy.

*Chiefs trade Jamaal Charles to the Dallas Cowboys for a 2016 3rd round pick and a conditional 2017 draft selection.

Paxton Lynch would be a great pick for the future. He won't likely do much for the Chiefs now. Alex Smith has three more years before becoming a free agent. Two years before it makes sense to cut the ties or make a trade. At the very least, it may provide the Chiefs with leverage. 

Yes, Paxton Lynch could fall on his face. Yes, Aaron Murray may turn into the next Drew Brees or Russell Wilson (despite the fact he is noway close to either in 40 time or arm strength). Yes, Tyler Bray has the arm of Johnny U (but also the brain of the cake inside another word that starts with U). The truth is the Chiefs have a running quarterback who has been hurt a lot before coming to the Chiefs, and have been very fortunate while he has been here. The truth is Bray has yet to actually make the team (outside of IR), and Murray is likely only suitable as a backup or 3rd string QB (at best). The Chiefs like to bring in 4 legitimate quarterbacks into camp. Right now they have one. 

Lynch needs two or three years to learn how to play in the NFL. He has the arm. He has the size. He has the chutzpah. It is unlikely Paxton Lynch will drop any further than the LA Rams, but if he does, the Chiefs had better be willing to pounce. He is not NFL ready. However, he is the only QB worth taking in the draft. 

Good overall draft. If it fell like that I'd be happy. I'm not a big Lynch guy. He's kind of different if you see him interviewed. I really like Pharoh Cooper. I wish we would draft a center and move Morse to guard but, they gave already come out and said they aren't doing that. This draft has several centers.

What they say this time of year means little.

If I am starting Lynch right now, I am nervous as hell. Having Smith gives them a few years to actually go through and teaxh him the nuisances of being an NFL QB and Andy is the best teacher.

I think Brothers will slide more than he ever should because of a stopwatch and Jenkins right now is just a guy.

I haven't seen Brothers' stock drop like I saw Dawson's drop. I think Dawson's drop had much more to do with perceived lack of desire showing up fat and out of shape. Brothers just ran slower than hoped, but his game tape shows he doesn't play slow whatsoever. Kid reminds me of Navarro Bowman. I really don't think he's going to drop to the 4th or 5th round. There might be a chance he's there in the 3rd where KC happens to no longer have a pick, but that's about as far as I can see him dropping. He's just too good on tape. I'd take him in the 2nd round, to be honest. He's not a guy to replace DJ, but he's a guy that could replace Mauga and improve that spot IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

With all the movement happening at the top of the draft, I can't imagine Lynch falling to us now or the Cowboys trading for Charles when EE is the best choice for them.

So here's another one.

-Chiefs trade the 28th pick to the Dallas Cowboys for picks 34 and 101.  Cowboys move up past the Cardinals, Broncos and Browns to secure Connor Cook-

2.1.  Xavien Howard, CB  Baylor

The Chiefs are now set at CB.

2.2.  Tyler Boyd, WR  Pitt

The Chiefs need to bolster the WR corp further.

4.1.  Cyrus Jones, DB/Ret. Alabama

With the uncertainty surrounding DAT, trying to get rid of Knile Davis, etc they could use a new returner.  Jones was very effective in that role, and also excelled as a press corner and hey the Chiefs could use better quality depth.

4.2  Kentrell Brothers, ILB  Missouri

Hard to peg exactly where Brothers will go, but he's certainly a gamer.

5.1.  Max Tuerk, OL  USC

Well refined technician, that should be able to slide into the interior line and help solidify the group.

5.2.  AJ Stamps, S  Kentucky

Will need to add something here.

6.  James Cowser, DE/OLB  Southern Utah

An FCS star.  Not super athletic and a bit older than you'd like, but has a non-stop motor and great technique.  I think you'll at least get some decent depth and a smart Special Teams player.

7.  Kelvin Taylor, RB  Florida

Youth at RB wouldn't be an awful thing.

-Chiefs scoop up Nick Foles on the cheap when the Rams release him after the draft.

1.  LA Rams - Jared Goff, QB  Cal

2.  Philadelphia Eagles - Carson Wentz, QB  N Dakota

3.  San Diego Chargers - Jalen Ramsey, DB  Florida State
The Chargers need to replace Weddle.

4.  Dallas Cowboys - Ezekiel Elliot, RB  Ohio State
The best cure for an old, ailing QB is a dominant running game.  Elliot behind that line is an easy 1500+ yard rusher, Romo
stays healthy and the D stays fresher.  He'll be a catalyst for a Cowboys playoff run.

5.  New York Jets (f/JAX) - Paxton Lynch, QB  Memphis
Someone is going to get antsy with QB's flying off the board.  The Jets have no QB right now and will panic with the 49ers
and Browns coming up.  They're going to rush Lynch on the field and will end up regretting it.

6.  Baltimore Ravens - Laremy Tunsil, OT  Mississippi
Ozzie sits back and lands the best LT in the draft.  Another steal.

7.  San Francisco 49ers - DeForest Bucker, DL  Oregon
Like Chip would pass on another Duck

8.  Cleveland Browns - Jack Conklin, OT  Michigan State
The Browns are retarded and will use their top pick to replace the RT they should of kept.

9.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Leonard Floyd, DE/OLB  Georgia
The Bucs seem to love him.

10.  New York Giants - Joey Bosa, DE  Ohio State
Giants get a steal here.

11.  Chicago Bears - Vernon Hargraves III, CB  Florida
The Bears need a CB, badly.

12.  New Orleans Saints - Shaq Lawson, DE/OLB  Clemson
The Saints need pass-rush.

13.  Miami Dolphins - Eli Apple, CB  Ohio State
The Dolphins were looking at Norman, but didn't have the space.  I look for them to get CB early.

14.  Oakland Raiders - Sheldon Rankins, DT  Louisville
The Raiders will look to rely on a stronger Defense to carry them into the playoffs.

15.  Tennessee Titans - Myles Jack, LB  UCLA
Titans will take some good value here.

16.  Detroit Lions - Jarran Reed, DL  Alabama
The lack of Fairley and Suh really hurts the Lions.

17.  Atlanta Falcons - Darron Lee, LB  Ohio State
The Falcons need to upgrade the front 7.

18.  Indianapolis Colts - Taylor Decker, OT  Ohio State
Maybe the Colts will finally realize that the draft is used to improve your team.

19.  Buffalo Bills - Reggie Ragland, LB  Alabama
The Bills LB group is fairly weak.

20.  Jacksonville Jaguars (f/NYJ)- William Jackson, CB  Houston
The Jaguars need DB help.  

21.  Washington Redskins - A'Shawn Robinson, DL  Alabama
Losing "pot roast" on the line hurts, and they need to replace him.

22.  Houston Texans - Will Fuller, WR  Notre Dame
The WR pick ups from last year didn't work out too well.  Look for Houson to prop up their new QB.

23.  Minnesota Vikings - Laquon Treadwell, WR  Mississippi
Tread and Diggs will be a great 1,2 combo for Bridgewater.

24.  Cincinnatti Bengals - Josh Doctson, WR  TCU
WR is a priority after they lost Marvin Jones.

25.  Pittsburgh Steelers - Kyle Fuller, CB  Virginia Tech
The Steelers need to get the Defense in better shape.

26.  Seattle Seahawks - Emmanuel Ogbah, DE  Oklahoma State
Seahawks look to increase the pass-rush to take some stress off the secondary.

27.  Green Bay Packers - Andrew Billings, DT  Baylor
With Raji retired, they got a need here.

28.  Dallas Cowboys (f/KC) - Connor Cook, QB  Michigan State
Jerry Jones has to be tired of Lost Seasons when Romo goes down, and not having shit behind him.  Romo also recently turned
36, doesn't have much time left with the pounding he took, so it's time to get his successor.  No way Cook lasts to their
original draft slot.

29.  Arizona Cardinals - Ryan Kelly, C  Alabama
Palmer is another year older, so line needs to be more stout.

30.  Carolina Panthers - Ronnie Stanley, OT  Notre Dame
A lot of questions have surrounded Stanley, but the Panthers will take the gamble.  The lack of protection for Newton cost
them a championship.

31.  Denver Broncos - Vernon Buler, DL  Louisiana Tech
They need to replace Malik Jackson.  Fuck John Elway.

32.  Cleveland Browns - Corey Coleman, WR  Baylor
They need a WR, badly.

33.  Tennessee Titans - Mackensie Alexander, CB  Clemson
With a fat stack of draft picks, the Titans will use one here to gamble on the most talented CB in the draft.

34.  Kansas City Chiefs (f/DAL) - Xavien Howard, CB  Baylor
The Chiefs feel they are a championship squad, and will look to quickly fix their weaknesses.

Archived