Divito Retires

Chiefs DE Mike DeVito announced his retirement after nine seasons in the NFL.

"There are more important things in life than football," DeVito said in his announcement. "As hard as it is to say goodbye to the game that has made me the man I am, I cannot wait for the second half of this journey through life." Undrafted out of Maine, DeVito entered the league in 2007 with the Jets and played six seasons in New York. He made 28 appearances with the Chiefs over the last three seasons, playing a key run-stuffing role in one of the better defenses in the league over that span. DeVito finishes his career with 250 tackles, 5.5 sacks and six forced fumbles.

Its been an interesting off season. 

Pretty good career to have: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/mike-devito/cash-earnings/

An estimated 16.652 million over 9 years. After tax, that's a take-home of 10 or so million.

Looks like a NFL trend. Earn some big busks and retire healthy. Cant say I blame them. Life is too short to live self inflicted handicapped.

Hate to see him go, but gotta respect his decision. Does anyone know offhand how much cap space is freed up? The Chiefs needed to draft D-line anyway, but now it's a higher priority. Maybe he was never in the 2016 plan.

He was a free agent.

Archived