Rams

SEMO

Rams trade up to acquire No. 1 pick from Titans
  • By Conor Orr NFL.com

The Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms to trade the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft to the Los Angeles Rams.

In a stunning development that shakes up the top of the leaderboard and almost definitely gives the Rams their next quarterback of the future, the Titans ended the day with an impressive stable of picks. The Rams came up farther (No. 15) than any team in NFL history to acquire the No. 1 pick and that came at a steep price.

Tennessee gets: Rams first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016) third-round pick (2016), first-round pick (2017), third-round pick (2017).

Rams get: Titans first overall pick (2016), Titans fourth-round pick (2016), Titans sixth-round pick (2016).

The #Rams kept their QB workouts extremely quiet for the last few weeks. This is why, as they moved in clandestine fashion to get No. 1.

â Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 14, 2016

Around The NFL will have much more on the development shortly.

Jesus. I guess they won't have to worry about winning for a while. That is too much to give for a proven QB much less a guy that has never taken a snap.

Great move for the Titans. Get just secured a nice pool of talent for the future. And they already have their QBOF. Look out for those guys in 3-4 years.

They haven't won since 2003, so worrying about winning isn't an issue. They haven't had consistency at the QB position since than.

I mean I wouldn't make that trade for a QB in this draft, but hey I don't blame them for doing it if they feel strongly about a QB.

Like I've said over and over again. If you don't have a QB, you don't have shit. The Rams are living proof of that notion, as of recent.

If Wentz or Goff works out, it'll be worth every single pick they gave up.

Archived