Jaylon Smith in the first or second round?

It would make sense if he really is a top 10 talent to take him in the second. We will be fine at ILB this year, but DJ won't be around forever. I just don't know if what I read was true about his drafting position if healthy. Let's face it, other than CB, I think we are more solid than last year and we won a playoff game last year. Dorsey is pretty smart and seems to draft for the future rather than right now.

I want CB and OL, but QB and ILB in the first 2 rounds would not shock me. Especially if they feel good about Gaines.

What about Myles Jack? There doesn't seem to be much concern for his surgery. Is the risk the same, just sitting out for a year? If these guys are the same kind of stud, sitting out a year is a small price to pay for a replacement for DJ.

It depends on his injury report. If the docs indicate he is going to be able to return, he is a late first round pick, and worth it. If he isn't going to be back to 100%, you don't take him at all. The lost year of service is a negative, but he could be a perenial pro bowl athlete.

All indications are that the never damage is severe. This kid probably isn't getting drafted. I'd be surprised if he ever plays football again, to be honest. I hope he does, because he's a hell of a player, but the signs aren't good.

Archived