Tampering Upheld Chiefs Lose Appeal

The Chiefs' appeal of anti-tampering charges was denied by the NFL.

The Chiefs' fine was reduced from $250,000 to $200,000, and coach Andy Reid's fine was reduced from $75,000 to $60,000. The other punishments were upheld. The NFL docked Kansas City a third-round pick this season and a sixth-round pick next year for improperly contacting Jeremy Maclin prior to free agency last season.

Personally: I do not give KC leadership a pass on this. Others make break rules but thats no reason to do it. Shameful Mistake

The harshest penalty for tampering in league history to paraphrase Clark Hunt. What a crock of shit. That loss of last years home game for the betterment of the NFL? Hmm. Seems like that sacrifice was forgotten during this "evaluation".

This is on KC Leadership. Just because others steal and get away with it does not mean I should steal. 100% on KC. Foolish Mistake. No Free Pass from me. If this was anyone else in the AFC West many here would be all over that team not the league.

Maclin was probably going to return the Eagles if Andy didn't call. He just happened to call while Chip was making JMac sweat it out and the rest is history.

This is why you do not cooperate with the leagues investigation at all. Ask Tom Brady.

Unfortunately, it is in clark's DNA to play the nice guy so it won't be the last time that the chiefs cooperate

I still think that troy vincent has something against andy reid

Maclin was probably going to return the Eagles if Andy didn't call. He just happened to call while Chip was making JMac sweat it out and the rest is history.

This is why you do not cooperate with the leagues investigation at all. Ask Tom Brady.

Actually KC had spoken with Maclins agent already which is legal. I find it hard to believe that Andy calling up Maclin was the thing that made the deal.

Archived