Draft wish list

They just drafted 2 ILB's last year.  Why is ILB so high?  Why would signing a WR on a one year deal, that was out of football last year, change your draft plans?

ffs

If you see an excellent talented Guard and your needs are low, sure I'd take a consideration.  This class of Guards is fairly weak at the top, and I still believe the best LG is someone they've got playing at Center.

Agree.  Which is my logic for mocking Boehm in the 4th.

They just drafted 2 ILB's last year.  Why is ILB so high?  Why would signing a WR on a one year deal, that was out of football last year, change your draft plans?

ffs

If you see an excellent talented Guard and your needs are low, sure I'd take a consideration.  This class of Guards is fairly weak at the top, and I still believe the best LG is someone they've got playing at Center.

I agree with all of this but, Dorsey specifically said a few weeks ago that they aren't moving Morse. It could have been smoke though?

Drafting interior O-line in the first round doesn't make much sense in most cases.  But a guard in the second when it's an area of need isn't a bad move.  Skill position picks are such a crap shoot that getting a possible ten year starter for the line helps a team more than taking a chance on a WR or FS for example.  Maybe Garnett will be a bust, but the odds of him being a player is higher than most of the seconds I've seen in most mocks.

I'd take Cody Whitehair from k state in the first. He'll be an A grade pulling guard and can be a swing tackle if you're in a pinch.

That's about it though, nobody else is worth a first day pick on the interior line. And I think he'll be gone before we pick.

I'd take Cody Whitehair from k state in the first. He'll be an A grade pulling guard and can be a swing tackle if you're in a pinch.

That's about it though, nobody else is worth a first day pick on the interior line. And I think he'll be gone before we pick.

Too much of a reach.  He might be available in the second and if not, there's others that are not much of a drop off.  Actually, I'd prefer Garnett ahead of Whitehair.

Archived