Abysmal signings for the offensive line last year. Grubbs was the worst, KC traded their 5th pick (DT Tyeler Davison) for the right to obtain Grubbs' overpriced contract. Then, Dorsey restructured his contract. Despite what some may say, Grubbs was putrid with the Saints, and even worse when he came to KC. He was horribly cast. Grubbs lost a step before getting a career ending neck injury. In truth, the man was already done. He was a bad pass blocker, who was once regarded highly due to his ability to block for the run. However, at the tail end of his career, he could do neither. Dorsey desperately doubled down on Grubbs after signing free agent Fanaika, who was overrated. In total, this cost the Chiefs a 5th round pick in 2015, and contracts valued at $32 M.

My thoughts were the Chiefs were only keeping Fanaika to secure a trade. No team was biting, and  he was unwilling to restructure his contract. They talked Fanaika up. Some took the bait, and reported that the Chiefs felt Fanaika was a lock to start at G in 2016. Apparently, this was a smoke screen. $8 M for 3 years is not a gigantic contract in the NFL. What a mess!

The Chiefs may want to find another FA to play G, but more likely, they will find this replacement in the draft. There will be several to choose from in the first two rounds. RT/G Taylor Decker, G/C Cody Whitehair, and G/C Ryan Kelly in the first round could be viable options. T/G Le'Raven Clark, G Joshua Garnett, and G Christian Westerman in the second round may be options. I am hearing Garnett in the second, and R Kelley in the first are on the KC radar. Whitehair has to be a favorite as well. The Chiefs lack of a third will likely push McGovern, Lewis, Boehm, and Thuney off their lists. I also hear Vadal Alexander has lost weight, gained quickness, and now is also being seen as a late 3rd to early 4th round selection. Talent falls off sharply after that, so it would be a shock to see anyone help the Chiefs following their 2nd round pick, but definitely not after their pick in the 4th.

Gambling with a 5th rounder on Grubbs wasn't the worst thing ever, but they should of got him to take a paycut. There was at least some form of potential there.

Fanaika? I guess Dorsey popped the tape in, said "wow he plays like a hot pile of asshole" and thought to himself he had to get some of that. It was baffling even at vet min deal.

Gambling with a 5th rounder on Grubbs wasn't the worst thing ever, but they should of got him to take a paycut. There was at least some form of potential there.

Fanaika? I guess Dorsey popped the tape in, said "wow he plays like a hot pile of asshole" and thought to himself he had to get some of that. It was baffling even at vet min deal.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived