2016 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is the Chiefs were shopping their first round pick. SF bought, and they got a fairly decent deal, but not quite up to par. Hope it works out.

Draft Pick Value Charts are irrelevant. Everything boils down to value available at the selection. Getting a higher pick in a weaker draft could yield less.

I'm glad I didn't spend the evening watching a draft in which my favorite team didn't even make a selection.

Sometimes. All in all I think Dorsey has proven to be a good judge of talent. Nobody hits 100%. The draft is always a crapshoot so the more chances you have at it the better off you are.

It's about understanding your position and knowing the window isn't open for long. They let multiple players that fit the system well fly off the board because Dorsey got cold feet.

The impact would of been minimal considering they will be getting a handful of comps next year. The Chiefs are one of the most aolid squads and they have a fantastic window open this year.

Man the Chiefs are gonna regret letting a divisional rival take their QB. For a long time.

I don't like Denver getting their guy. I'd prefer them to be stuck with Sanchez. But I prefer this over letting Lynch pass us because Denver had to give up something and we got some return from the Niners on a pick we can still get our guy and they paid for someone they could have waited for.

It's about understanding your position and knowing the window isn't open for long. They let multiple players that fit the system well fly off the board because Dorsey got cold feet.

The impact would of been minimal considering they will be getting a handful of comps next year. The Chiefs are one of the most aolid squads and they have a fantastic window open this year.

Who do you think built that solid squad and opened the window?

Dorsey didn't get cold feet. It would have been dumb to trade up when you lack the ammo to do so. You want him to cripple next year's draft? That's short sighted. There are starting caliber players into day 3 in this draft. Why would you not want more picks?

Who do you think built that solid squad and opened the window?

Dorsey didn't get cold feet. It would have been dumb to trade up when you lack the ammo to do so. You want him to cripple next year's draft? That's short sighted. There are starting caliber players into day 3 in this draft. Why would you not want more picks?

They're going to land a lot of comp picks after the players they lost this year.  How would they be crippled?

Sure more choices means more chances, but more chances doesn't default to better draft.

2nd Round options

G- Whitehead, Westerman,

T - Spriggs

OLB - Spence

DB - Alexander, Howard, Fuller

S - Bell, Thompson, Cash, Cravens, Simmons

DT - Reed, Billings, Robinson

DE - Dodd, Bullard, Ogbah, Jones

WR - Thomas, Boyd, Shepherd

TE - Henry, Hooper

NT - Johnson

2nd Round options

G- Whitehead, Westerman,

T - Spriggs

OLB - Spence

DB - Alexander, Howard, Fuller

S - Bell, Thompson, Cash, Cravens, Simmons

DT - Reed, Billings, Robinson

DE - Dodd, Bullard, Ogbah, Jones

WR - Thomas, Boyd, Shepherd

TE - Henry, Hooper

NT - Johnson

Kalan reed. Mark it down

What really sucks is the several thousand KC Chiefs fans who went to the draft party or were in the P&L District.  Wait all that time only to get nothing at the end.  Its about emotion right now.  Obviously KC didn't get the player they wanted and decided that there next choice would be there at #38.   This has happened before to KC.

What really sucks is the several thousand KC Chiefs fans who went to the draft party or were in the P&L District.  Wait all that time only to get nothing at the end.  Its about emotion right now.  Obviously KC didn't get the player they wanted and decided that there next choice would be there at #38.   This has happened before to KC.

Last time I went to the draft party at Arrowhead the Chiefs worked to really pump up the ticket holders.  Free snacks, free beer, and cheerleaders, etc.  When their pick was announced, it was disappointing and the air went out of the place.  Everyone just melted away.  Some suit asked me on the way out what I thought of their exciting new player.  I told him exactly what I thought and vowed never to go to another official Chiefs draft party.  What a waste of time.

Last time I went to the draft party at Arrowhead the Chiefs worked to really pump up the ticket holders.  Free snacks, free beer, and cheerleaders, etc.  When their pick was announced, it was disappointing and the air went out of the place.  Everyone just melted away.  Some suit asked me on the way out what I thought of their exciting new player.  I told him exactly what I thought and vowed never to go to another official Chiefs draft party.  What a waste of time.

Dee Ford?

Congratulations on getting the best QB in the draft.

That is yet to be proven. If you are basing this on quality wins Connor Cook was better than Lynch. If your basing it on potential then Todd Blackledge had potential and how did that work out. Let's see what happens over the next few years before saying he was the best in the draft.

Archived