Second round predictions

With the disaster of the first round (picks 24-27) where do the Chiefs go in round two?  Here's hoping they have their eye on Whitehair, OG and Howard, Fuller, Alexander, or Davis: CBs.  It's a long drop to the early fourth and they need to fill some holes.  One other possibility would be to go ILB (Ragland?) and hope for a FA corner later on.

Whitehair and kalan reed. Just what the Dr ordered. Reed is better than all of those corners except jackson.

I don't see the disaster either. Lynch is not ready for the NFL and needs a ton of development. Burns too. Would have liked Jackson but there are other corners.

Whitehair and kalan reed. Just what the Dr ordered. Reed is better than all of those corners except jackson.

I don't see the disaster either. Lynch is not ready for the NFL and needs a ton of development. Burns too. Would have liked Jackson but there are other corners.

The disaster wasn't in not getting Lynch, it was missing two starting CBs and then missing a chance to trade the Lynch pick for more value.  For the first 23 picks it looked to good to be true and in retrospect, it was.

If I had to guess.....

32. Cleveland Browns - William Jackson, CB  Houston

33. Tennessee Titans - Xavien Howard, CB  Baylor

34. Dallas Cowboys - Noah Spence, DE/OLB  East Kentucky

35. San Diego Chargers - Vonn Bell, S  Ohio State

36. Baltimore Ravens - Mackensie Alexander, CB  Clemson

I see the DB run happening early tomorrow, with a ton of DBs going late tonight. 

Myles Jack is real iffy.  I'd consider him yeah, but I don't think I'd take him.  I'm wary of Ragland, as I think he benefited a whole lot from having 3 dudes in front that will also go early tomorrow.

I don't think Fuller fits what we want very well and I'd be concerned about his injury possibility. 

I'd probably go Mike Thomas and Su'a Cravens in the 2nd round.  I think Evan Boehm is the missing piece on the Chiefs O-line.

Whitehead would be a great fit. Thomas has great size for a receiver. There will be plenty of options tomorrow. If the Chiefs get those two guys in the second round, I will be happy.

Vonn Bell would be a good pick up as well.

Not a fan of taking Whitehair.  If I were going Oline early, I'd prefer my lineman to be a little less undersized and not having Trex arms.

1. He can play every position on the field. He ran a sub 5 second 40. That's darn good for a man his size.

2. He has terrific lower body power. OL get their power from their legs more than from their arms

3. He has decent sized arms. They are 34 inch long arms, but they are not short. 32 1/2 inch long arms is not bad.

4. He is 6'4", and weighs 301 lbs. My guess is he will add another 10 lbs when he becomes a pro. There are a few guys that go 320 or so, but not many who can use it. Leverage is the key. I would rather take a guy who is a technician at 300, than a guy who has poor technique at 320 lbs. http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=323918 This guy turned out alright.

The disaster wasn't in not getting Lynch, it was missing two starting CBs and then missing a chance to trade the Lynch pick for more value. For the first 23 picks it looked to good to be true and in retrospect, it was.

Guess it depends on your perspective. I doNT have Artie Burns rated that highly. And Lynch only cost the last 3rd Rd pick in the round. It really is only a few picks higher than the 4th we got, and we also got a 6th.

I liked Jackson a lot though.

I think you can get someone similar to him in Evan Boehm, one day later. Go for the value.

Since the Chiefs could be out of the running for the higher tier CB's, I'd turn my attention to James Bradberry out of Samford.

I'd be OK with that. I certainly think boehm could get the job done, but I like Whitehair's added value since he can backup at both tackle spots. Boehm can't do that. I've seen all of boehms games and quite a few of Whitehair's.

I actually think Connor McGovern might give similar value as Whitehair. Would make a strong guard and could probably backup right tackle. Maybe left in a dire situation.

I have Kalan Reed mocked at 28.  Other possibilities are Michael Thomas, Braxton Miller, Caleb Benenoch.

At 37, I could see Vonn Bell, Ragland, Alexander, Spence, TJ Green, Cravens.

Austin Johnson could go at either of those spots.

Forget Whitehair.  They are not taking a Guard this early.

I have Kalan Reed mocked at 28. Other possibilities are Michael Thomas, Braxton Miller, Caleb Benenoch.

At 37, I could see Vonn Bell, Ragland, Alexander, Spence, TJ Green, Cravens.

Austin Johnson could go at either of those spots.

Forget Whitehair. They are not taking a Guard this early.

Agreed. I like most of those guys.

I'd be OK with that. I certainly think boehm could get the job done, but I like Whitehair's added value since he can backup at both tackle spots. Boehm can't do that. I've seen all of boehms games and quite a few of Whitehair's.

I actually think Connor McGovern might give similar value as Whitehair. Would make a strong guard and could probably backup right tackle. Maybe left in a dire situation.

Yeah McGovern came to mind after I wrote that post. I think that's a possibility too.

A guard at #59 would be a good value for the Chiefs.  It's an area needing an immediate starter and Whitehair is technically sound.  I'd be happy with a CB at #37 and interior line at #59.  Use the four fourth and fifth round picks to gain depth at LB, S, and WR.  At the same time, I wouldn't complain about getting Ragland. 

Who in the hell is whitehead

Whitehair at tackle on this level would be a disaster. Plenty of Guards can slide to tackle in an emergency.

No reason to feel a burning desire to take a Guard today. Go for the good value.

Whitehair. Sorry. I typed this on my phone, and it must have autocorrected it. 

Cody Whitehair is being looked at by teams at G, and Center. He played T, and did well. He can fill in if needed. He is a little short, and hasn't the longer arms you want at that position. However, his technique is superior. He is quick, and has great feet. He probably needs to develop a better punch. He looks very much like Mitchell Schwartz in terms of ability. 

My point was not that you take Whitehair to start at LT in place of Eric Fisher. The comment was in reference to the team lacking a backup for T in case someone gets hurt. Having a player who can play multiple positions is valuable. The Chiefs already have a few guys like that on the team. 

My point is I think people love to overvalue Kstate dudes often. Whitehair had issues at tackle in the arena league and would get his shit handed to him by NFL DE's. I remember him going against the Okie lite DE and it wasn't very flattering.

He's an emergency option for tackle, which a lot of Guards could be. Hell they already have a dude like that in Jah Reid.

There are plenty of technically sound Guards. Go for the value.

Archived