Let's discuss... the pick. You know which one

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible pick and one Dorsey had no business making. I just can't believe Clark approved it, especially after all of his "high character" talk just a few days before the draft.

One thing is for sure, though. As soon as he busts a few punt returns for TDs, it will all be forgotten. Nature of the game. And, I am all for 2nd chances. But... he shouldn't get to make millions while atoning for it.

If I remember right there was a lot talk about Peters character. Not sure too many in here have a problem with him now.

Let's give them all some time before condemning them.

There's a massive difference between arguing with your coach and choking out your pregnant girlfriend and punching her in the face and stomach.

Please don't compare Marcus Peters to this guy.

The police report is available online.

If I remember right there was a lot talk about Peters character. Not sure too many in here have a problem with him now.

Assaulted a pregnant woman. I guess thats ok as long as it is not your daughter.

the radio TalkingHheads have been going ballistic all Sunday & today & i personally dont blame them. Very contradictory when you bla bla bla about High Character then draft a thug like this. I believe public opinion will make the Chiefs cut him  and therefore a wasted pick. I understand that a 4.24 guy is tempting just from a pure football way of thinking but  trying to convince me they could of not signed him as a UDFA and spent that pick on some other body..maybe a deaf dumb and blind water boy is beyond me. Very disappointing and a pick that makes a underwhelming draft into a WTF draft

Look I'm not saying he shouldn't get a 2nd chance somewhere but I don't think he should have been drafted. By all accounts he took responsibility for his actions (eventually) and has done what the court system asked of him. But I didn't like us picking up Irving last year and I don't like this.

Stupidest thing I have seen in here for a long time. Peters clashed with an asshole coach who made an example of him. Hill strangled and hit his pregnant gf.

What do you suppose Lamar would have thought of it?  How is the first preseason home game going to be when he is introduced at Arrowhead?  For those that say he deserves another chance,  I would add he does not deserve the financial incentive.  If he wants to come in here and play for nothing in the hopes of earning a paycheck that is okay with me.  Just so the money I spend doesn't go towards his salary.

There's a massive difference between arguing with your coach and choking out your pregnant girlfriend and punching her in the face and stomach.

Please don't compare Marcus Peters to this guy.

The police report is available online.

You have to be joking, what this assclown did was disgusting...but i guess you want greg hardy on the chiefs as well

You have to be joking, what this assclown did was disgusting...but i guess you want greg hardy on the chiefs as well

I think you might want to reread what he said and re-figure out what his point is. I think you're way off on what he was saying.

Look I'm not saying he shouldn't get a 2nd chance somewhere but I don't think he should have been drafted. By all accounts he took responsibility for his actions (eventually) and has done what the court system asked of him. But I didn't like us picking up Irving last year and I don't like this.

Doesn't seem consistent with us avoiding Collins last year but drafting him. :don'tknow:

I think you might want to reread what he said and re-figure out what his point is. I think you're way off on what he was saying.

CRAP!, My apologies XEN...i thought i was responding to Chiefsfan1963's post

Thanks for pointing that out KCSLC

Young people do stupid things.  I would assume that he was held accountable for his actions and hopefully the past will stay in the past.  If he is remorseful for his actions, and I have no idea if he is or not, then he should get a second chance.  If the people in charge of the team feel that he deserves to be on the team, and if they feel that he can help the team, then my hope is that he becomes a quality player and makes the most of his chance that he is given.

CRAP!, My apologies XEN...i thought i was responding to Chiefsfan1963's post

Thanks for pointing that out KCSLC

lol I had to reread what I wrote too. I was thinking, crap what did I write? You never know with me.

Young people do stupid things. I would assume that he was held accountable for his actions and hopefully the past will stay in the past. If he is remorseful for his actions, and I have no idea if he is or not, then he should get a second chance. If the people in charge of the team feel that he deserves to be on the team, and if they feel that he can help the team, then my hope is that he becomes a quality player and makes the most of his chance that he is given.

I hope he comes out of this a better person. Most people don't. I just don't think we should have drafted him.

The NFL has now proven it's OK to beat a woman, just as long as you're not gay.

Guest Bilyous2

Young people do stupid things.  I would assume that he was held accountable for his actions and hopefully the past will stay in the past.  If he is remorseful for his actions, and I have no idea if he is or not, then he should get a second chance.  If the people in charge of the team feel that he deserves to be on the team, and if they feel that he can help the team, then my hope is that he becomes a quality player and makes the most of his chance that he is given.

This is not something due to "stupidity."  This is something caused a lack of ability to control violent behavior in response to emotional upset.  It is a problem that is NOT due to immaturity. It is NOT due to lack of knowledge.  It is a pattern of emotional reaction that takes years of hard work and therapy to stop, or perhaps might be helped by medication. Remorse is completely useless, because this is a patterned, reflexive behavior in response to emotional upset. It had nothing to do with remorse in the present.  It is something that repeats itself and not something that the perpetrator can merely talk themselves out of or be counseled out of by teammates or coaches.  This is also not the first episode.  This kid was trying to murder his unborn child by punching the pregnant girlfriend in the stomach, and following an argument in which he suspected her of infidelity.

The only thing involving "stupidity" was the decision by Dorsey and Hunt.  At best, this kid will not make the squad based on performance at camp.  At worst, he will make the squad then embarrass and distract the team when it inevitably repeats itself. That will most likely come at the most inopportune time, before a critical division game or a playoff game. 

I am certainly hoping he does not win a roster spot.  I have never been more disappointed in a decision by the front office.  This is not the same thing as Belcher, whose behavior, depression, and violence were the known result of encephalopathy cause by multiple concussions.

Peters challenged his coaches, because he grew up in a football family and knew that his coaches were wrong and said so.  THAT is immaturity.  It is not about character.  Hill's actions were in a completely different category involving emotional problems.  There is no comparison.

The entire draft for the Chiefs seemed questionable to me. It may turn out alright. It might not. Chris Jones lacked a steady motor, which is a bad sign. This is not to say Chris Jones' addition is not without merit. He is physically imposing, and some of his tape is downright scary. He just happens to be a guy who lacked the inner drive to put it all out there every play. KeiVarae Russell has a lot of heart, but his backpedal is awkward. He looks more like an undersized safety than a starting corner. Larger receivers will eat him up. He is a solid pick, but I don't see him as a replacement for Sean Smith. I know folks are excited about Parker Ehringer. He won't start next year. He may be a decent back up, but he is not ready. Eric Murray, and D J White aren't likely to do much better. This is a case where one good CB is better than 3. We got 3. Kevin Hogan has poor footwork, he has a horrible release, and he throws less than 54 mph. QBs who throw less than 56 mph just don't make it in the modern era of the NFL. This was a wasted pick. The receiver, and running back are thugs. One strangeled his pregnant girlfriend. The other repeatedly got kicked off his college team.

You cannot deny there is talent among the players chosen by the Chiefs. The problem is the Chief could not risk missing this year, and they ended up swinging for the fences. It could be the best draft ever if it works out. However, it smacks of betting the house on a pile of lottery tickets, and hoping for the best.

Guest 303Chiefs

What do you suppose Lamar would have thought of it? How is the first preseason home game going to be when he is introduced at Arrowhead? For those that say he deserves another chance, I would add he does not deserve the financial incentive. If he wants to come in here and play for nothing in the hopes of earning a paycheck that is okay with me. Just so the money I spend doesn't go towards his salary.

LOL at Clark! What an owner we have! Hell, might as well sign Manziel and Hardy. Maybe little Clark is tired of losing...too bad the Chiefs look like fools. First the tampering and now this...pffff

what is damn interesting to me, is that a coach with over 17 years involvement with dealing with domestic violence issues, (his wife charity organization), Signed off on this pick. I believe there may be a lot more to this story than we will ever know.

Someone else i believe would of drafted him. Contrary to popular opinion.  I am not defending this mans actions, but on the other hand, his punishment, and what he has already lost as the consequences of this action are already pretty extreme.

Instead of preparing to run the 100 meters and 200 meters in the Olympics. He has been dealing with this issue.

Again man, if Reid and company can take the heat from what he heard at home, if this wasn't vetted through his wife, I believe these guys, have some kind of idea of what there doing.

not that I am completely on-board.. I just have a lot of questions, that will take time to answer.

Lets step back, and think about the guys who made the decision to draft this guy. What they have done in the past in relation to this topic, and it makes you scratch your head even more.

RG

Archived