Let's discuss... the pick. You know which one

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm late to this news, and haven't been following football this offseason.  I saw this guy on the local news this past weekend when visiting my mom in KC.  I also wish the Chiefs didn't draft him. 

I'm no expert on any of this, so I don't think I can offer a good opinion on it. When the season starts, I'm just as diehard of a fan as any of you. It will feel weird rooting for this guy on game day, especially if he turns out to be really good. 

I just don't know what to say. I hope it works out and I do believe in second chances. It just seems like he should have went undrafted. 

I'm late to this news, and haven't been following football this offseason.  I saw this guy on the local news this past weekend when visiting my mom in KC.  I also wish the Chiefs didn't draft him. 

I'm no expert on any of this, so I don't think I can offer a good opinion on it. When the season starts, I'm just as diehard of a fan as any of you. It will feel weird rooting for this guy on game day, especially if he turns out to be really good. 

I just don't know what to say. I hope it works out and I do believe in second chances. It just seems like he should have went undrafted. 

Good to see you post, bavarianq.  Haven't seen your name for a while.

You mean Clark Hunt, who signed off on this move and many others over several years?  He did a top notch job with Scott Pioli, a literal psychopath.

"psychopath"??  He wasn't a good GM, but " a literal psychopath"  ??  A bit of exaggeration?  He wasn't Charles Manson.

"psychopath"??  He wasn't a good GM, but " a literal psychopath"  ??  A bit of exaggeration?  He wasn't Charles Manson.

You don't have to be a murderer to be a psychopath.  If the reports we read were true in the slightest, than yes Scott Pioli was psychotic.

How else would you describe an individual who goes ape shit over a candy wrapper?

You don't have to be a murderer to be a psychopath.  If the reports we read were true in the slightest, than yes Scott Pioli was psychotic.

How else would you describe an individual who goes ape shit over a candy wrapper?

I hadn't heard about any of that.  Is he schizophrenic, manic-depressive, bipolar?  

I hadn't heard about any of that.  Is he schizophrenic, manic-depressive, bipolar?  

I think Kent Babb (think it was him) did a big story about it before he left the Star.

I'm certainly not a psychology major by any means, but it doesn't take one to determine that he certainly wasn't acting like a sane individual during his stay here.

He drove Haley nuts and ran him right out of town.  Very much a total control freak and they got rid of the wrong person in 2011.  Fortunately for the Chiefs, they lucked into Andy Reid (even with his faults).

You don't have to be a murderer to be a psychopath. If the reports we read were true in the slightest, than yes Scott Pioli was psychotic.

"You serious, Clark?"

He killed my enjoyment of the game for about three years. What do you call that? Psycho-pathetic?

Just ask him he likes the Chiefs.

I believe he does, but there are 2-3 posters that I'm not sure of. No naming names. Well, not including the obvious like BroncoStud and that Ravens fan that comes here, so 4-5 that might not be Chief fans.

I believe he does, but there are 2-3 posters that I'm not sure of. No naming names. Well, not including the obvious like BroncoStud and that Ravens fan that comes here, so 4-5 that might not be Chief fans.

The team he is a fan of should be fined $250k and lose a third round draft pick.

I DO agree with that comment. However, when you are more critical of a team than you are complementary of the team it makes a person wonder about your allegiance to the team.

22 years between a playoff victory and 30 years and counting without them rolling the dice on a Franchise QB will kinda do that.

I got tired of being a homer long ago. No way I could defend the Pioli era and his shit QB any longer. People love to give this franchise all the benefit of doubt in the world when they haven't done a whole lot to the fanbase to actually deserve it.

People love to go on this big witch hunt on who's not a real fan and it's silly because why the hell would you pretend to like this team? I think people would pretend to like a team that wins titles.

People love to go on this big witch hunt on who's not a real fan and it's silly because why the hell would you pretend to like this team? I think people would pretend to like a team that wins titles.

For the same reason the the people in Chicago loved The Bears and "Da Cubs" during all those incredibly lean years of ineptitude. Fans like that understand.  They call those who require great performance to love them "fair weather fans."  It is kind of a contradiction of terms to call yourself a "fan" but only be one when the team is good.

It takes willingness to suffer to call yourself a fan.

For the same reason the the people in Chicago loved The Bears and "Da Cubs" during all those incredibly lean years of ineptitude. Fans like that understand. They call those who require great performance to love them "fair weather fans." It is kind of a contradiction of terms to call yourself a "fan" but only be one when the team is good.

It takes willingness to suffer to call yourself a fan.

A fake fan wouldn't suffer and would just post on patriotsplanet.

lin.0.jpg

How many fake fans sat through this shit? I froze my ass off to see that abortion. I think some fans need to realize that their younger years was more glorified with a Chiefs Super Bowl while my generation had that shit for their younger years.

If your fond memory was Elliot shanking a bunch of Field Goals, than just maybe you would be a tad more pessimistic.

I understand just fine, but your statement is idiotic on multiple fronts.

Because I dislike things Clark Hunt has done and said he needs to be held responsible, doesn't mean I hate the Hunts. You're reaching really hard here.

Two, disliking ownership isn't some magical disqualifier from liking a team. A KC Sports fan should certainly understand that, as fans absolutely hated David Glass but loved the Royals.

You're totally wrong and to turn your own words back on you, a dick.

A fake fan wouldn't suffer and would just post on patriotsplanet.

lin.0.jpg

How many fake fans sat through this shit? I froze my ass off to see that abortion. I think some fans need to realize that their younger years was more glorified with a Chiefs Super Bowl while my generation had that shit for their younger years.

If your fond memory was Elliot shanking a bunch of Field Goals, than just maybe you would be a tad more pessimistic.

dont feel pregnant I was there as was Jet..so just because  you were there doesn't really prove a thing

dont feel pregnant I was there as was Jet..so just because you were there doesn't really prove a thing

I no longer feel pregnant following post lunch dump, but thanks for the concern!

I've sat through that, Bone Thugs N Marty, Monday Night Meltdown, Gunther finding out he was fired via the Internet, LJ spitting drinks on women, Herm, Afcasselstan, double murder suicide, etc. If I knew any better, I'd of left long ago. I hate myself too much to change teams, so here I am still.

This pissing match people have on being a real fan towards other posters because they have an opinion you don't like is the dumbest thing.

Archived