Should KC Sign Slauson just released Guard?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a lot of hatred directed towards LDT, especially from the simpletons at Arrowheadpride.com.

LDT only practiced one day each week while he was in college. He went to a Canadian school, and was so far behind when he was drafted, that he really was literally starting all over again. He showed so much promise at the East West Shrine game, and at the Indy Combine that the Chiefs decided to draft him. They were not alone, but they took a risk because he was so raw. His first year, Tardif was kept on the 53 man roster, but did not play. Many people close to the team wondered if he would ever be good enough to play. He learned rapidly, and despite going back to school during the offseason, Tardif was markedly better during preseason workouts. 

Yes, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif has a lot of flaws in his game. He still plays off balanced. He lunges when he should hold his ground. However, I am not yet ready to give up on the guy. He is extremely impressive. If he continues to improve, at the rate he improved in the past, he will be an exceptional player in the NFL. The Chiefs may have their Guard on the team. Physically, and mentally, he is already there. He just needs to get down the technique. 

Think think LDT will be a stud.

I do to man. I don't know why he gets a bad rap sometimes. Considering where he came from he has transitioned well. I love the mean streak. He's a nasty player in the trenches and he just keeps getting better. 

I agree on LDT. Physically he was one of the most athletic guards in the last few drafts. His numbers put him in the 98th percentile of nfl guards.

We all knew from a technique standpoint that he was a project. The fact that he was even able to start that early in his career was a surprise. Give the guy some time to develop.

Archived