Russell

Guest Guest

I like how, after making a mistake, he made amends, and became a better man. It isn't where we start, but where we end in life. Some make mistakes, and become worse for it. It seems Russell used this event to become a better person. He needs to work on his back pedal if he wants to play corner. I see him as a safety in the NFL. He is not quick. He has great acceleration. Quickness would be defined as fast change of pace. His transition speed is not superior. A player like that is best when moving forward to a play, rather than following a play, such as a corner. Peters is especially good at transitional speed, and making up for changes in direction. Russell does have good anticipation. Although he sometimes makes poor choices in his anticipation.

I like him but, I think he'll compete for nickel back. That's pretty much his ceiling. I think most of this draft was about the nickel package. We use it a lot and need specific types of players to make Sutton's system work. We needed a safety and a corner to make it work like it has in the past. This was a "need" draft imo. It was not a BPA draft.

This was a "need" draft imo. It was not a BPA draft.

That explains the constant trading back. Best Player Available suggests that at any given time, you take the best talent on the board. Drafting for need allows you to trade back in order to obtain two or more prospects that fit your needs when neither prospect is the best available. Either philosophy in its absolute is inefficient and impractical.

Mugsy's quote is a good description of Dorsey's fourth draft with the Chiefs relative to the first three.

Archived