Chiefs Tickets?

Guest Tomahawkchop

I've always had great luck going through NFL ticket exchange, but you might want to start by checking with the Chiefs ticket office. I bought a couple extra seats to the Browns game last year the week of the game and paid face value.

Whenever single game seats go on sale, if they haven't already, there should be Saints tickets available from the Chiefs' office.  It's not like it's the Donks, Raiders, or the Packers.  If you want tickets at less than face value, there will be some closer to the game date from STH that are dumping their tickets but that's a little chancy.  Unless the Chiefs are really hot, there's always tickets for sale in the parking lot on game day.  Price depends on demand, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Plane reservations are set. Fly to Cleveland to visit Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (Bob Seger) and drive down to Canton to visit Pro Football Hall of Fame (Chiefs) Then fly to KC to finally watch a Chiefs home game. (vs. Saints Oct. 23) Now the search for game tickets and the best BBQ in KC begins.

We usually try for the BBQ Triathlon.

Arthur Bryants

Gates

Jack Stack

I am looking to replace Arthur Bryants as it was disappointing last time.

Gates and Jack Stack are "musts"..

w

????

Getting input of KC BBQ is a sure way of having an internet fight.  Everyone has a preference and will fight for that opinion.  Mine is that for lunch, Joe's (formerly known as Oklahoma Joe's) is near the top.  Several locations but the original is in a former gas station on the Kansas side northwest of the Plaza.  For dinner, Jack Stack is our favorite.  There's at least four locations and all have the same menu.  My favorite is the burnt ends dinner.  Ask for the spicy and hot sauces on the side and try both.  The original sauce is just a little sweet for me, but some prefer it.  Gates is good as well, but not on a par with Jack Stack IMHO.  Bryants is well known but overrated and the location is a hassle.

Don't know how old your son is or what his interests are, but one place popular with any out of town visitors we have is the WW1 museum at the Liberty Memorial.  It's near the Jack Stack in the freight district (near 20th and Baltimore).  I'm sure others here will have additional recommendations. 

Getting input of KC BBQ is a sure way of having an internet fight.  Everyone has a preference and will fight for that opinion.  Mine is that for lunch, Joe's (formerly known as Oklahoma Joe's) is near the top.  Several locations but the original is in a former gas station on the Kansas side northwest of the Plaza.  For dinner, Jack Stack is our favorite.  There's at least four locations and all have the same menu.  My favorite is the burnt ends dinner.  Ask for the spicy and hot sauces on the side and try both.  The original sauce is just a little sweet for me, but some prefer it.  Gates is good as well, but not on a par with Jack Stack IMHO.  Bryants is well known but overrated and the location is a hassle.

Don't know how old your son is or what his interests are, but one place popular with any out of town visitors we have is the WW1 museum at the Liberty Memorial.  It's near the Jack Stack in the freight district (near 20th and Baltimore).  I'm sure others here will have additional recommendations. 

Great info Jet. Sounding like Jack Stack is up there and Bryant's is fading. We will absolutely visit the WW1 museum. Thanks for sharing.

Arthur Bryants

Gates

Jack Stack

w

Thanks West. If they are musts then we must. I have no problem hitting a couple BBQ joints. When in Rome.....err Kansas City.

Oklahoma joes - everything is great, but my favorite there is the pulled pork.

Gates - short end. Can't go wrong.

Jack Stack - it's all good, just order it with cheesy corn.

Oh yeah and order burnt ends everywhere you go. Cause burnt ends.

I love burnt ends but being a Zonie, I can't wait to try it in KC. I just had burnt ends at Kansas City Bar B Que in San Diego recently. The owners are supposed to be from KC. It's the place where Goose sang "Great Balls of Fire" scene from Top Gun.

Arthur Bryants

Gates

Jack Stack

w

For Bryant's, you have to go to the original location. Off 18th St. I believe. The other locations are not the same. It is the most historic BBQ joint in the city and will make you a beef sandwich that you may never find the bottom slice of bread in that pile of meat.

Just for clarification, Oklahoma Joes has changed the name to Joe's Kansas City.  Don't know that the original name will work on google or mapquest.

Great info Jet. Sounding like Jack Stack is up there and Bryant's is fading. We will absolutely visit the WW1 museum. Thanks for sharing.

The museum is south of the Union Station and Jack Stack in north of it.  Both are easy to find and have parking.  Weekends at Jack Stack get very busy at prime dining times.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a native Kansas Citian, but we hit up at least two BBQ places every time we go, which is 6-8 times a year.  My favs and other notes:

Joe's Kansas City (Formerly Oklahoma Joe's):  Monday/Saturday Lunch and Wednesday Dinner they have burn ends.  This is my single favorite BBQ Item in KC to get.  Also, get their fries, they are incredible.

Gates:  Everything I get there is generally really good, regardless of location.  My favorite once again is the burn end sandwich, but some find it a little too salty sometimes.

Q39:  New Place, a bit expensive, but everything I had was very good that I had

Jack Stack:  Also really good, but honestly, I don't think the expensive price overcomes the quality of the food

LCs:  Crap shoot...some days the food is the best in town, other days, its downright awful.  Amazing fries.

Arthur Bryants:  I've probably been to every location at least twice, and I haven't had a good experience once.  I don't understand the love for this place.  I really thing they were good a very long time ago, and people are too loyal to admit that they are not good...avoid at all costs

I know there are many others, but this might help.  A local group did a reader contest and set it up like a march madness bracket.  The link below will get you a HUGE list of places to try and give you a pretty good idea of what the locals like...

www.kcfoodguys.com/2016-kcfoodguys-bbq-bracket-champion/

Hopefully this will help...

Archived