AFC West Predictions

Barring injury to Smith, Peters or Maclin, I think we easily win the division. Losing any of thoses three would be very difficult to overcome. I think most other players could be compensated for. Depth at those positions are is shaking at best.

With that said, I think most other AFC teams are in the same boat as us with the season he going on a few key players. Yes DJ and Fisher would be huge losses. Houston not making it back would be huge, but I think we could still have at least a winning season losing one of them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luck IS the basis of good fortune.   You guys love to think you are the captain of your ship and the master of your fate.   Noble sentiments.  Just not true.  The Las Vegas gamblers has a nice ring to it for a new Raiders name.  BUT wasn't that the name of an old WFL or USFL team when Las Vegas had a team before? 

Wait a minute!  I'm confused.  I thought that "luck" and "good fortune" were synonymous.  Aren't they?  Luck isn't just the BASIS of good fortune.  They are the SAME THING.  That's what West's joke was about.  Or am I missing something?

You are on top of it..... :lol:

Wilkie has only been lucky in life as all of his achievements are a direct result of "good fortune".

Bear Bryant defines luck as "when opportunity meets preparation"

Wilkie defines luck as " when opportunity meets good fortune"

As we both know, Wilkie is a very complex man! :lol: :lol:

w

You are on top of it..... :lol:

Wilkie has only been lucky in life as all of his achievements are a direct result of "good fortune".

Bear Bryant defines luck as "when opportunity meets preparation"

Wilkie defines luck as " when opportunity meets good fortune"

As we both know, Wilkie is a very complex man! :lol: :lol:

w

We all have a lot of complexes.  Especially Bear Bryant.  He was dead wrong, though he made a good point to his players. You can prepare all you want and then drive to your place of opportunity and still get T-boned in an intersection by a pickup truck on your way there.  So, despite the preparation and the opportunity, you were quite unlucky, indeed.  His definition sucks. :lol:

The secondary is where my worries lie.  Especially at safety.  Losing Branch and Abdullah hurts a lot.  Corner is thin, and all depends on what kind of a player Gaines can be, and if he can stay healthy.  I think Russel will be the eventual starter, probably in year two on the outside.  Gaines taking over the slot.

Yes. Sean Smith loss is a big one

We all have a lot of complexes. Especially Bear Bryant. He was dead wrong, though he made a good point to his players. You can prepare all you want and then drive to your place of opportunity and still get T-boned in an intersection by a pickup truck on your way there. So, despite the preparation and the opportunity, you were quite unlucky, indeed. His definition sucks. :lol:

I would say the pickup truck removed the opportunity and therefore the example doesn't fit. ;)

Yes. Sean Smith loss is a big one

"Opportunity" arises from that loss.  We might find out we have a young star who might otherwise have withered on the bench.  Maybe Gaines or one of the new guys.  How do you ever know and thrive unless new chances arise?

Archived