Don't forget the fact they also played at home, where they very rarely lose in the postseason due to comfort & bugging the visiting team's locker roo

OK.  I won't forget that.  The main thing is "close, but no cigar."  We lost.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point, but the argument could also be made that having Houston would have gotten the defense off the field a few times and the Pats wouldn't have scored of run out the game.

KC failure to cover WR and TE and loss of Maclin cost us that game. Not lack of pass rush so much.

The ideal position is to earn a bye week heading into the postseason. Once that's achieved, all they'll need to do is win a game at home and they'll be in the conference championship.

SO goals: get the bye and play at KC/Arrowhead. That's how the Royals won the WS and that's how the Chiefs will win the SB

Being without Houston, Maclin, DAT, Morse, LDT, Ware and Hali with a broken thumb. It was just too much.

Jeez, no kidding. I forgot how terrible that was.  With all those guys, I think we would have beaten them, considering we were at home.

The ideal position is to earn a bye week heading into the postseason. Once that's achieved, all they'll need to do is win a game at home and they'll be in the conference championship.

SO goals: get the bye and play at KC/Arrowhead. That's how the Royals won the WS and that's how the Chiefs will win the SB

Worked well in 97 and 03.

We may remember this as a blow out, but it wasn't. We were decimated with injuries and only lost by one score. If we had our normal line up, we win that game. Even on the road. Easily.

True. It really was a lot closer than it looks by the score.

We may remember this as a blow out, but it wasn't. We were decimated with injuries and only lost by one score. If we had our normal line up, we win that game. Even on the road. Easily.

There was plenty of blame all around, but I wish we had caught at least one of interceptions thrown into our hands. Good job being in the right place, but catch the ball. Heck, if that last first down conversion had been dropped or intercepted, we might've won that game or gone to overtime.

The fumble when we were driving also. Hey, I guess you fight with the weapons you have. We were a top tier team in the second half of the season. Just a shame. We were significantly better than the team that won the Super Bowl. I guess that's why we play the games. That freakish win by Denver at Arrowhead was the difference between hosting with a bye and hitting the road after playing the wild card round.

By July, we will have so little to post about we will end up arguing politics. It will become like the Locker Room. Just shoot me.

Dare you say that?! You were more active last offseason than the season itself considering you disappeared for a couple months, even when we needed your medical expertise when Houston went out..

Don't Do that again

Dare you say that?! You were more active last offseason than the season itself considering you disappeared for a couple months, even when we needed your medical expertise when Houston went out..

Don't Do that again

Yeah, all we had for medical advice was our own gut feeling, and failing that, whatever was the opposite of what was said by Mowithumlautbius.

Don't Do that again

Bil was a coroner. Only knows about dead players.

I didn't realize I was gone so much.  My wife had a bunch of medical problems, including some procedures and I was having to do everything around here for quite awhile.  Gallbladder surgery, eye surgery, hip problems, etc.  

Next time this happens, I will have to stick to the priority stuff, like the Chiefs Coalition. 

Archived