Should we push to screw them?

According to a report by Pro Football Talk, the Eagles received verbal commitments from Wentz and Jared Goff before the draft that each quarterback would accept offset language in a contract if Philadelphia traded up and selected one of them...

...The question is whether the Eagles' approach violated NFL rules, which allow only the team with the No. 1 overall selection in the draft to negotiate a contract with a player before the draft.

It is an interesting question, actually. Where does the line fall between gathering pre-draft information about a player ("If we end up drafting you, would you agree to this in your contract?") and actually negotiating a contract?

The NFL has given no indication to this point that it intends to pursue the matter. But if the Kansas City Chiefs can be punished for impermissible direct contract with wide receiver Jeremy Maclin during the free agent negotiating window last year, why shouldn't the league at least look into whether these discussions were proper?

From Arrowhead Pride: Should we push to have the have them investigate? Turnabout is fair play? Or are we content that they took the trouble maker off our hands? Andy seems like the kind of guy that would not like screwing friend which may be why he was pumping up Peterson so much in the last half of the season. I don't think they push it, but that loss of a third rounder is likely a result of Philly pushing.

I am just saying that I never heard anything about Peterson until he started banging the secretary. Then he was a at called a genius. I am not a conspiracy guy, but the timing is curious. But I agree with you that Andy is too classy (and Clark is too classy) to exact revenge. But as a fan, I would not tar and feather the guy who pushed for an investigation of Philly.

And really, they dumped Andy to hire an "over his" Head Coach (Spurrier 2.0). Is there really a connection? You are probably right. Andy is total class, but what a douche bag thing to do to him with the tampering thing after all he did for them.

Archived