Top 10 most talented NFL rosters. Chiefs at ?

I'll favor your interpretation.  

I would say, though, that New Orleans may be small market, but it is a huge tourist destination that relies on those tourist dollars to even exist. People love to tune into anything having to do with New Orleans...even Katrina.

Well, either of us would rather visit New Orleans rather than KC in February.  But that doesn't put money in the NFL coffers as far as I can see.  Maybe the cities pay to host like they do for the Olympics, but I'm not aware of that.

Well, either of us would rather visit New Orleans rather than KC in February.  But that doesn't put money in the NFL coffers as far as I can see.  Maybe the cities pay to host like they do for the Olympics, but I'm not aware of that.

That's where my uncertainty is, also.  Knowing that might explain a lot of things.

Guest Okiechief1

Here is an article that might explain a little about the venue.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/25/super-bowl-host-cities-economic-impact/22324109/

The SB has turned into an event that is bigger than the actual game. Since 2001 ratings have gone up almost every year except one no matter who plays. The NFL makes cities bid for the SB, actual cash I dunno but a city SB committee usually has to have a budget of around 50 million. It's about who is going to do what for the NFL to get to host the SB, because they aren't forking over anything out of their own pocket.

Here is an article that might explain a little about the venue.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/25/super-bowl-host-cities-economic-impact/22324109/

The SB has turned into an event that is bigger than the actual game. Since 2001 ratings have gone up almost every year except one no matter who plays. The NFL makes cities bid for the SB, actual cash I dunno but a city SB committee usually has to have a budget of around 50 million. It's about who is going to do what for the NFL to get to host the SB, because they aren't forking over anything out of their own pocket.

It should have been obvious.  Thanks, Okie.  The bigger the city, the more money can be raised to bid for the game.  Obviously, all the hotels and restaurants and entertainment venues would chip in to get the business and exposure.  No way KC can come up with enough $ to outbid the giant cities.

It should have been obvious.  Thanks, Okie.  The bigger the city, the more money can be raised to bid for the game.  Obviously, all the hotels and restaurants and entertainment venues would chip in to get the business and exposure.  No way KC can come up with enough $ to outbid the giant cities.

When the Arrowhead renovation was put up for a vote, I think KC was supposed to be given a SB in the near future if they approved the money for a roof over the stadium.  That would fly in the face of a city paying off the NFL for being the site.  On the other hand, cities do bid for the honor.  Maybe actual cash is involved, but another possibility is that the city bids by guaranteeing hotel rooms, bennies for the NFL higher ups, special deals for those making the decision, etc.  We'll probably never know who benefits in what way and how much.

Albert Wilson and Chris Conley stayed in Kansas City, and practiced with Jeremy Maclin. http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Jeremy-Maclin-Leads-a-Group-of-Young-Promising-Playmakers/fb126dc9-b2ef-4516-9573-b54967319ea2 This could be huge if Wilson and Conley took their lessons to heart. 

The most to gain from this may be Albert Wilson. In terms of pure athleticism, Wilson has the most to offer. He matches up with TY Hilton, Brandon Cooks, Kendall Wright, and Randall Cobb (in terms of quickness and agility) http://rotoviz.com/2014/03/2014s-most-underrated-albert-wilson/  Of course, agility will only take you so far. Route running, pass catching, and the ability to see the pass, and fight to bring it in is what counts. Yards after catch is icing on the cake. Wilson has proved to be able to be quick, and agile. He has done well in yards after the catch too. What he needs to refine is the other things mentioned above. If he has taken Maclin's lessons to heart, he could be an outstanding slot receiver. The slot receiver can catch a lot of balls in the WCO. 

Maclin is going to be your X receiver. He is positioned on the LOS, and is good enough to beat most corners. Albert Wilson is the slot. He is the quickest. He is also quite strong for his size, which is a plus. Conley has long speed, and is also fairly big. He is likely to be the Z receiver. Z starts off the LOS, since the Chiefs utilize a TE in most passing formations. If the Z were to line up on the line, the TE would be ineligible as a receiver. He is often the fastest, but not normally the quickest. Starting off the line helps the Z get away from the CB. In the Chiefs' offense, the X, Slot, and TE get the most passes (especially if they line up with 2 TEs). 

Let's hope Albert Wilson can repeat the lessons Jeremy Maclin was teaching over the off season. 

• 1 month later...

Archived