Who is your breakout player for 2016?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eric Fisher. He is starting to put it together. Has plenty of experience. Showed up to OTAs at a solid 320lbs and stated he is stronger than he has ever been. Contract year. He will make the pro bowl.

These are great choices. I believe it will be be Fisher. I hope it will be Gaines. Since they are taken, I will roll the dice on a guy that HAS to fill in for Houston, Ford. My gut tells me that it will most likely be Zombo. Hope I am wrong.

Alex Smith

I expect 50-100 fewer rush yards but 100-150 more pass yards minimum. I can see more, but I'm being conservative on the guesses. I do expect more TDs and about the same INTs. Last year was 3984 total yards, that will go over 4000 even with fewer rushing yards. Range: 4,000 - 4800 (including rushing yards). Anything else would be a surprise (not expecting 4500+). 25+ TDs.

Not worldbeater but better. 12 wins.

I expect 50-100 fewer rush yards but 100-150 more pass yards minimum. I can see more, but I'm being conservative on the guesses. I do expect more TDs and about the same INTs. Last year was 3984 total yards, that will go over 4000 even with fewer rushing yards. Range: 4,000 - 4800 (including rushing yards). Anything else would be a surprise (not expecting 4500+). 25+ TDs.

Pretty average. I'm looking for a breakout season

Pretty average. I'm looking for a breakout season

In 2015, only five quarterbacks threw for 4,500 yards, and only two were the quarterbacks for teams with winning records. Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, and Matt Ryan. In fact, when extending the list to include the top ten quarterbacks in passing yardage, only Kirk Cousins is added to that list.

Total passing yards is meaningless. If anything, volume passing yardage means the offense as a whole was ineffective early in games.

In 2015, only five quarterbacks threw for 4,500 yards, and only two were the quarterbacks for teams with winning records. Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, and Matt Ryan. In fact, when extending the list to include the top ten quarterbacks in passing yardage, only Kirk Cousins is added to that list.

Total passing yards is meaningless. If anything, volume passing yardage means the offense as a whole was ineffective early in games.

I never mentioned passing yards. I'm looking for a breakout season.

Most likely breakout player?  Ford.  He will get plenty of playing opportunities with Houston out and Hali slowing.  

Next in line?  Conley.  Has the talent and a year's experience plus the Chiefs need a #2 for sure.

Third?  Gaines.  Again the opportunity is there and he only needs to beat out some talented draftees.

Also ran?  Ramik and March.  Someone has to step up for the aging DJ and/or beat out Mauga.

You were responding to a post with numbers. I was being polite. I didn't use numbers myself :)

What's the difference between an Alex Smith breakout season and a Tom Brady breakout season? Alex needs to have a breakout season before I can compare the difference ;)

For Alex that would be breakout. For some QBs, an average season

For some QBs, sure, but 4800 total yards isn't the average for the league when you consider clock eating drives where we are running a lot of time off and running the ball.

Archived