Who is your breakout player for 2016?

Spencer Ware. The guy is so grateful to be a Chief and he runs like a battering ram. He could be the goal line and short distance running back in the rotation and yes it will be a rotation. He could score 10 or more TD's this year as part of the three back attack.

He reminds me of Robert Holmes back in the old, old days.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tight end Ross Travis, who has consistently been making plays all across the field this offseason, made another big play as he took a pass down the middle from Tyler Bray more than 40 yards for the touchdown.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Day-One-Minicamp-Recap-Jamaal-Charles-Takes-the-Field/4f9e5f63-1ec7-4708-b35b-9691d3edda81

From what I hear, Ross Travis was impressive on the practice team, and has continued to improve. Harris is a little bit ahead in blocking. He has a nasty attitude. The route running, and pass catching is coming around, but still a little behind. I haven't heard a thing about Ross Travis' ability to block, but he has been impressive as a pass catcher, and route runner. 

James O'Shaughnessy was thought to be a shoe in. Not so fast. He may be the odd man out. The Chiefs could definitely surprise everyone by keeping all four. Much will depend on how the wide receivers show up. 

Wide receivers... My impressions from what I have read in this article, and heard is Chris Conley has not taken the #2 WR spot. 

#1 Maclin

#2 Wilson

#3 Streater

A player to watch is Mitch Matthews. 

Conley is fast. He is not quick. His 3 cone was relatively slow. The 3 cone is a very good representation of the athletic ability, and quickness necessary for offenses like that of the one the Chiefs run. Conley is very bright. Smith was diplomatic when he said Conley may be overthinking things.  

I really want to say Fisher, but I'm going with a guy that I saw great things from last preseason season until his injury.... Justin March-Lillard. The kid could play alot of snaps if he stays healthy because he's great in pass coverage yet stout enough to shed at the line. We'll see what transpires, but I think this kid more than just makes the team. Mauga better watch his job status.

I'm gonna say Ldt.

He has all the physical ability and now has the opportunity to learn from an entire year of film. I think he'll have a much better season this year, next to a much better OT.

I like it!

What is the Chiefs start Ross Travis (6'7" 4.6, 40" V), Travis Kelce (6'5" 4.61, 35" v), Rod Streater (6'3" 4.37  37.5 v), Jeremy Maclin (6'0" 4.45 35 v), and Jamaal Charles? 

Who are you going to stop? Then you can bring in Harris, Conley, Wilson, Hill, Williams, West, or Ware. How are the opposing teams going to catch their air? It will be a relentless assault. 

What is the Chiefs start Ross Travis (6'7" 4.6, 40" V), Travis Kelce (6'5" 4.61, 35" v), Rod Streater (6'3" 4.37  37.5 v), Jeremy Maclin (6'0" 4.45 35 v), and Jamaal Charles? 

Who are you going to stop? Then you can bring in Harris, Conley, Wilson, Hill, Williams, West, or Ware. How are the opposing teams going to catch their air? It will be a relentless assault. 

It sure seems like it to me.  But I have fallen prey to ridiculous levels of optimistic interpretation many times before and always at this time of year before the games are played.  So, I am cautious.  But yes, I think we have fewer question marks at the key positions that at any time in a couple of decades.  It is pretty much up to the health of Alex Smith and the injury Gods that decide so much.

Guest eraser

The Chiefs look fairly solid on offense. Their OL is deep. They go 3 to 4 deep in running backs. Their receivers seem to be deep, although there seems to be a big drop off after Maclin. The biggest concern is at QB. If Smith gets injured, I have little confidence either of KC's backup quarterbacks can get the job done.

The biggest concern after QB would be on defense, specifically OLB. Justin Houston's return may have a huge effect on this. If he is late in returning, and Tamba Hali diminishes much, there could be a huge problem. Ford has a tender knee. He really needs to establish himself. The injury is a setback. Ford has not been able to expand his arsenal beyond a quick first step. Outside one game against a San Diego player, who didn't deserve to grace a NFL team, there was nothing to write about. Zombo is pedestrian, and Dadi is raw. W/o Houston, the corners may get exploited.

The Chiefs look fairly solid on offense. Their OL is deep. They go 3 to 4 deep in running backs. Their receivers seem to be deep, although there seems to be a big drop off after Maclin. The biggest concern is at QB. If Smith gets injured, I have little confidence either of KC's backup quarterbacks can get the job done.

The biggest concern after QB would be on defense, specifically OLB. Justin Houston's return may have a huge effect on this. If he is late in returning, and Tamba Hali diminishes much, there could be a huge problem. Ford has a tender knee. He really needs to establish himself. The injury is a setback. Ford has not been able to expand his arsenal beyond a quick first step. Outside one game against a San Diego player, who didn't deserve to grace a NFL team, there was nothing to write about. Zombo is pedestrian, and Dadi is raw. W/o Houston, the corners may get exploited.

Definitely agree on defense. It's kind of an unknown without Houston, an aged Hali, and rookie DBs a plenty. As for Dadi, I'm not so sure he even makes the 53. I see him as a PS stash for a couple seasons. He's just too raw and undersized. Massaquoi has shown he can be a contributor in ATL, and was a solid, under-the-radar addition to the roster, so he'll be in the mix at OLB. I see Mulumba and Moses battling it out as the roster spot filler, rather than Dadi, until Houston is back.

Archived