Is it Ok if the Chiefs court the Saint Louis market?

I have noticed in traveling all over Missouri that the Chiefs fans have always been the dominant fan base even when the Rams had that improbable run of good fortune in the late nineties and early 2000's. It was obligatory to have both games on in a bar in the Lake of the Ozarks for instance but the sound was turned up for the Chiefs game and not the Rams game. I work a block away from the Dome and they still have the Rams posters up on the facade of the building there like they are in denial. The Chiefs president is going to go after that market because it's good for the team to go after that fan base as the Chiefs are the only NFL game in Missouri.

All I care about is getting and keeping more Chief games where I live in Paducah. For awhile, the CBS affiliate in Cape tried to move the focus to the Titans. Their President was a Titans fan. He moved on, and it seems we are consistently getting more KC Chiefs games. Part of that was due to the Titans sucking, and KC catching fire. 

The entire state of Missouri should be Chiefs fans. However, it doesn't seem to work that way. I was kind of glad to see the Rams go. It was one less team to compete for viewership. When the games were on FOX, we would often get a Rams game instead. Chicago is still a threat. We occasionally get a Chicago game on FOX instead of the Chiefs. This means I have to trot over to B dubs, and eat their crappy wings to watch the game. 

Archived