Nick Foles Released

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foles is better than the other guys, not being Alex Smith.

I am not saying to sign him. The Chiefs probably cannot afford him. However, if he is willing to take a two year contract with all the bonuses on the second season, then do it. Murray and Bray haven't shown much, and that may be the reason the Chiefs took a shot at Hogan.

Why be down on Murray and Bray?  They haven't shown anything, but they haven't really had a chance to play.  Daniels was the obvious #2 and numbers 3 and 4 don't even get a look except for a little time with the reserves in pre-season.  Would either of them be acceptable if Smith went down?  Maybe not, but we don't know and spending millions for a more experienced back up isn't the best use of cap room IMHO.

My thoughts of current ranking

1. Alex Smith

2. Tyler Bray

3. Nick Foles

4. Aaron Murray

5. Kevin Hogan

My projected standing at end of training camp

1. Alex Smith

2. Nick Foles

3 Tyler Bray

4. Aaron Murray

5. Kevin Hogan

The Chiefs are not likely to cut Kevin Hogan. I don't think they will attempt to hide him on their practice team. Bray, and Murray are currently better, but they will likely be not on the team when the season starts. I don't believe the Chiefs want to keep more than 3 quarterbacks. The Chiefs realize this is the year to go for it. They may try to trade Bray or Murray. I cannot foresee a team taking them, especially knowing they are likely to be cut. Of course, the Chiefs might decide to put a player on IR for a hangnail.

If I were the Chiefs I would go with Alex and Nick, and keep an extra WR, TE, and DB.

I think the Chiefs are talking up Alex Smith as having his best camp ever looking for a trade.

probably too expensive but Alex's days are numbered it appears. I dont feel sorry he got 45 Mil in guaranteed $$. and if by chance Foles flops if called upon the chiefs are in a win win.. I dont see Alex being traded for by anyone

The Chiefs are getting a bunch of WR's with speed that Alex Smith doesn't have the arm to get it downfield to them, Nick Foles has the arm, Alex's days are numbered IMO.

Reminder: Smith doesn't have any physical limitations prohibiting him from throwing the ball downfield.

Archived