Offensive Line

We'll see what happens. I have serious reservations about Ehinger. When I watched him play guard in college, he had alot of problems sticking to blocks in the run game. He's long, and he lunges alot as a result. He's also lacking alot of strength to hold up against NFL pass rushers.

Yeah that is concerning. Pretty good technique in pass pro though, and he's had some time this offseason in our weight room, so we'll see.

If he can be average his rookie year that is an upgrade over fulton.

I think he is alright at pass protection. He has good form, and does not get off balance. He lacks core strength. In other words, some of that weight is fluff. He needs to bee is a NFL weight program. I don't know how it is possible for him to develop core strength in three months of weight training. It takes at least one year of proper diet, and a very specified weight lifting program to see any success. Free weights are the best way to develop a core. The use of exercise balls, and varying exercises to make sure they do not become accustomed to a given exercise program. Tamba Hali had some issues as a rookie. He developed over time into about as good as a person can be for his size. He worked with the Gracie brothers to develop core strength. That experience took years. Look at Eric Fisher, who had similar problems. Fisher's development was delayed two years due to injuries he sustained his rookie and sophomore seasons. Part of that may lay at the feet of being pushed to start too soon.

The Chiefs have options. They could use Jah Reid, Jerrod Pughsley at RG as well as Fulton.

This is who I believe may be an answer at LG.

In fact, Pugs was an UDFA for Dallas, and the Chiefs got a shot when he was not deemed good enough for the Cowboys, who are stacked on their OL. I questioned whether he was an also ran, and made fun of his name, but was set straight. Evidently, he has a good shot at playing in the NFL. When you draft a player, even if he isn't a first day pick. Ehinger was the 105th player taken. I did not have him that high. I don't second guess Andy Reid when it comes to many things, and especially when it goes to OL player evaluations. Still, just because you are seeing Ehinger start now does not mean he will when the season starts.

Fulton is depth and versatility.  You need guys like that.  But he is no fancy guy with great moves and technique.  When he first came up, he was described as a "road grader."  That's about it.  You don't want him in there during a two minute drill. He is nothing fancy.  He can't control a fancy-move pass rusher. But when someone gets hurt or needs a spell, you can stick him about anywhere and there will be no major disaster.  Andy Reid knows you have to have a couple of guys like that.

I still believe that depth is what helps good teams be great teams over the course of a long season.  Even the best team can become only decent at any moment if the wrong injury happens.  There is a lot of luck in winning a championship.  Fulton is a big body who can take up his share of space for a couple of seconds and not get pushed back.  That's a good thing.  But he will never win a starting job on his own.  Never.

An error occurred

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

When you copy and paste something that is really funny, and this crap shows up... Not a good thing, not a good thing.

Just wondering if you guys noticed that Pughsley spent a ton of time at LT in that game with the 2's. He wasn't half bad. He wasn't perfect, but I think he's a depth lock they are giving reps at multiple spots. 

Just wondering if you guys noticed that Pughsley spent a ton of time at LT in that game with the 2's. He wasn't half bad. He wasn't perfect, but I think he's a depth lock they are giving reps at multiple spots. 

Yeah, I noticed. Pugs has a good shot of making this team.

Wow... will the Chiefs be keeping eight offensive linemen on the 53-man roster?:

Starters?: Fisher/Ehinger/Morse/Duvernay-Tardif/Schwartz

Backups?: Reid, Pughsley, Fulton

I just can't imagine Reid or Fulton being cut if Pughsley plays his way onto the roster.

Wow... will the Chiefs be keeping eight offensive linemen on the 53-man roster?:

Starters?: Fisher/Ehinger/Morse/Duvernay-Tardif/Schwartz

Backups?: Reid, Pughsley, Fulton

I just can't imagine Reid or Fulton being cut if Pughsley plays his way onto the roster.

They normally keep 8. I'd assume it will be 8 again.

Archived